We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.Who We Are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.The role
The Internal Communications Manager will lead and develop Frontiers' internal communication strategy, driving employee engagement and advocacy around Frontiers' mission, products, and key priorities.
Reporting to the Head of Brand, the Internal Communications Manager sits within our Marketing and Communications department and will be a key point of contact for stakeholders in the People Experience, Operations, Publishing, Technology, and Leadership teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is people-focused and passionate about delivering inspiring content that connects a diverse employee base.Key Responsibilities
- Develop and roll out an internal communications and engagement strategy, ensuring internal communication initiatives actively support business needs and priorities
- Identify, write, and edit a broad range of executive-level communications for internal global audiences
- Build a strong brand among employees that promotes our values and mission
- Develop employee engagement programs that ensures two-way dialogue within the organization
- Use employee feedback to recommend and implement new initiatives to improve internal communications
- Collaborate with HR to position the company as a Thought Leader amongst employees and prospective employees
- Collaborate with PR to build response plans and scenario planning
- Capture successes and metrics from across the organization and translate them into compelling stories and case studies
- Develop and maintain a dynamic corporate Intranet
- Manage company news through newsletters and key channels
- Track and analyze the impact of internal campaigns and report on KPIs
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience in an executive communication position, serving senior executives
- Native-level English speaker
- A storyteller that can research, write, edit, and publish communications with an obsession for quality and accuracy
- Experience in providing informed recommendations to senior-level management
- Strong understanding of branding principles and ability to execute brand-building strategies
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels to meet organizational goals
- A track record of running successful communication campaigns
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to produce clear and concise presentations and reports
- Experience with digital asset management tools, analytics tools, and content management systems
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workloads
- Collaborative team player and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic global environment
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across the United Kingdom
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes