With Kano progressing to the next phase of our development as a company, we are looking to hire a Senior QA Engineer to join the team. We have some ambitious, technically complex projects, and we need someone who will not just test what the devs throw at them, but take responsibility for product quality. This is a hands-on role, writing and doing your own testing, but will also include arranging contracts with external test labs and other test contractors.
This is an excellent opportunity for a QA person looking to work on different technologies, across different teams and with real users. This person should be a hungry, ingenious engineer with an intuition how combined software changes can break functionalities that may have been missed in dev testing and a creative mind that enjoys finding novel ways of breaking software that can outdo a kid's unexpected use of our products.
You'll be working on new designs for Kano's range of microprocessor-based consumer electronics Hardware. You'll take the design from first concept through prototyping and software development to production in China (in non-Covid times you would find yourself in Shenzhen a couple of times a year) with quality being the main focus in each step. Along the way you'll probably find yourself working with Product Designers, Embedded Developers, Electronic Engineers and our Software team.Requirements
The role will among other things involve writing automated tests, documentation, manually testing our physical devices and helping with the release cycles. As part of an Agile team, you will have the chance to work in very fast iterations and across teams, making your work very dynamic and challenging. In the run up to production, additional hours are likely to be required. You will work on managing QA within the company, organising additional individuals and test companies, and producing reports for the project team and CEO. We are looking for a QA engineer who has no problems getting his/her hands dirty with new technology and challenges.RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
NICE TO HAVE
- Ideal candidates will have at least five years of QA experience in a commercial environment.
- You will have the organisational ability to track what has been tested on what versions, what tests are needed for each milestone, and arrange the resources to complete testing for upcoming milestones.
- Experienced in setting up and using automated testing tools and frameworks to test hardware and software (command-line based and GUI applications)
- Experienced in testing IoT and/or embedded systems
- Write and deliver detailed test plans, strategies, checklists and results
- Knowledge of different test methods
- Ability to work out of your comfort zone
- Willingness to learn new techniques and teach them
- Must be legally authorised to work in the UK
- Upcoming products are audio based, and therefore good ability to notice audio artifacts (pops, clicks, noise, muffling) is essential
- Clear communicator who is used to translating business needs into testing requirements in close collaboration with stakeholders
- Performance testing experience
- Working with Linux, Unix and Windows environments
- Experience with Github
- Experience of Agile Methods
- Devops experience
- User testing experience, including recruiting users
COVID AND REMOTE WORK
- 25 Holiday days + 8 national Bank Holiday
- Annual tax free cash benefit allowance for personal and professional development
- Flexible working
- Weekly shop of snacks and drinks, fresh fruit
- Wellness programs
- Childcare, Workplace Nursery
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friday lunch + Show and tell
- Company stand up every Monday
- Weekly Wins
- Town Halls
- Company pension - up to 3% matching
- Company social Kano Summer Day and Christmas Party, Maker Day, International Day
Currently due to Covid 19 the work can be done completely remotely, however there may be moments in the project that it's necessary to come into our central London office at short notice. For this reason we're expecting candidates to be UK based and within travelling distance of London. If you would prefer to come into our office to work we're currently using a rota to ensure everyone can maintain social distancing. In a post-Covid world we would expect you to work from our London office, though working from home for a part of the week could be discussed regardless.