A rare opportunity has arisen to join the finance team within Drive Motor Retail based at our Vauxhall and MG Leicester dealership.
Drive Motor Retail has a network of Vauxhall, Citroen and MG dealerships across England and was named Vauxhall's European Dealer Group of the Year in 2019. With turnover in excess of £250 million per annum, we employ over 750 members of staff in 16 dealerships across the UK. We pride ourselves on our great customer satisfaction score across the network and our employees are at the heart of that.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant into the team, reporting into the Financial Controller (FC) for Leicester Vauxhall and MG.
The ideal candidate will have retail automotive sector experience with a working knowledge of Kerridge (Keyloop). You will need to be proactive and results orientated with the ability to meet deadlines, be efficient in your work with excellent time management skills.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Assistance in ensuring sound financial controls and processes are maintained within the dealership across all departments
- Review of all elements of working capital, discussing any areas of concern with Department Managers and updating the central credit control team and Financial Controller where applicable
- Completion of the manufacture composites
- Calculation and collation and payroll elements
- Ensure all inter company ledgers balance
- Preparation and maintenance of certain balance sheet reconciliation
- Processing of head office recharges
- Processing vehicle depreciation journals
- Preparation for Month end ledger closures
- Full ownership of manufacture debt and ensuring timely payment
- General cover of accounting duties in the absence of the Financial Controller, especially being able to carry out the weekly forecasting
In exchange we offer a competitive salary and a working environment with opportunities to learn and grow with the business with one of the industries market leaders.
To apply today please send your CV, and a cover letter if you wish, to email@example.com - using the reference Assistant Accountant Leicester as the title.