Who are we?
We are innovators, we do what we do because we believe in a connected world. Our mission is to provide innovation that extends the global reach of connectivity for our customers.
We are a pre-revenue start-up, creating an innovative and disruptive low-profile multi-beam satellite communications terminals for mobile and fixed applications. Our mission is to enable access beyond traditional markets by providing an effective and affordable solution to the 53% of the global population who still remain unconnected. Our world class team is focussed on pioneering the industrialization of optical devices from the scientific field of 'transformational optics' which unlocks numerous benefits within the industry.We are GROWING!
Isotropic Systems is growing fast with a fantastic 54% headcount increase since the start of the global pandemic, but it doesn't end there, we're continuing to expand our workforce with an exciting and ambitious hiring plan for 2021. So if you think you've got what it takes to be an Isotropian, hit the apply button!Senior Tx ASIC Lead
As a key part of the IC development team within the Active Circuits Engineering team you will use your in-depth understanding of communication systems to -
RequirementsWe are looking for candidates to be able to demonstrate
- Define & manage a complex Integrated RF Transceiver ASIC through all development phases
- Take control of the complex design cycle through the verification & development flow, meeting key design deadlines
- Own the architecture of the transmitter, working closely with designers
- Manage all interfaces & communications between RFIC & Tx ASIC
- Play a critical role in definition & realization of the final products
- Act as a key team player in the development of our product
- A proven industry track record of taking complex IC from design to production
- Management of one and more complex IC and taken it from concept to production
- Experience of working with & leading a cross functional team in project execution
- Successfully designing and production-releasing state-of-art RFIC & MMIC up to Ka-band.
- Phased array and Satellite Communication Experience - desirable
- Follows first time right execution approach & use to working with relevant quality standards
- Clearly document and concisely present their work
- Considerable commercial experience in executing System on Chip
- In-depth knowledge of trade-offs among a range of transceiver architectures inc. Zero-IF, low-IF and super-heterodyne
- A strong understanding of RF system design and trade-offs, design experience in transmitter chain and RFIC design
- Commercial knowledge of wideband PA linearization techniques & PA optimization for a modulation schemes
- Understanding of synthesizers, power management circuits & design experience of Analog IC
- Proficiency with RFIC and ASIC EDA tools such as Keysight ADS & EM simulators such as ADS Momentum / HFSS
- Understanding of advanced RFCMOS and RFSOI process
- Solid understanding and experience with device control protocol such as SPI, I2C and MIPI
- Key knowledge in basic IC layout skill and can work with custom IC layout design
- Test/debugging knowledge to devise test plan and testability & familiar with design verification of SoC.
- Behavioral modelling using Matlab/Simulink for analog/RF systems - desirable
BenefitsDiversity, Inclusion and Equality
- A degree in an Electrical Engineering (or related) Bachelor - essential
- Masters, or Ph.D. program in relevant subject
Isotropic Systems is a true equal opportunities employer. We are committed to practicing and promoting diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace and our mission is to make technology a more inviting and accessible industry for all.
We're delighted that our efforts have been recognised by Microsoft for Start Ups as we were finalists in the Diversity in Tech Awards 2020 for Cultural Inclusion.Company Culture
A culture of passion, integrity and creativity, that recognises and rewards your contributions
A respectful and collaborative environment that gives you the ability to challenge the status quo
We are innovative and bold and encourage employees to think differently
What will you get in return?
Our Offices and Covid Secure Working
- Excellent compensation package inclusive of competitive salary, pension & 22 days holiday plus bank holidays!
- Bonus AND equity package
- FitBit upon successful completion of probation
- 24/7 access to the well-being centre and Employee Assistance Hotline
- In-house and external training programmes with great career development opportunities
- Cycle to work and employee referral schemes
We operate out of the UK and USA, with our Head Quarters in Reading. As a pre-revenue start-up, there is lots of fast moving change and development so our UK team are based in modern offices in Reading, Berkshire (COVID-19 permitting!). This means that everyone can be involved and play their part in key stages of the work we are developing.All Satellites, One Terminal, No Compromise. We are Isotropic!
Isotropic Systems Limited operates a strict PSL, we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies.