Engineering Support EngineerReports to:
Area Team LeaderJob Purpose:
This is a "Hands-on" role for an experienced engineer who wants to make their first steps in the direction of team management
Perform as a member of the relevant Engineering Team, but should be an experienced Engineer (apprentice + > 10 years)
Where necessary, step up to act in lieu of the Engineering Team Leader
To participate in all aspects of frontline maintenance, breakdown response, improvement projects & preventative maintenance.
Promoting increased skilling of their team.
Support the production teams by promoting an environment that strives for excellence through continuous improvement and flexibility. Adopt a one-team approach.
Manage the maintenance activities during a weekend.Dimensions:
Ensure proactive response to maintenance and breakdowns on site, ensuring continuity of production by owning problems until they are resolved.
Clear concise reporting and handing over is essential.
To act as a support function to less experienced engineers in terms of training, and to support the teams by deputising for Team Leaders as required.
To drive the frontline PPM activities, ensuring the manufacturing team achieve maximum compliance to the plan, by minimising engineering downtime. Moving the engineering maintenance strategy from a breakdown/fire fighting mentality to a proactive approach. Identify the root cause, record actions taken to correct faults and up date Planned Maintenance System as required.
Identify individuals with potential (Engineering & Production) Agree a plan with their managers to heavily support and coach their effective development regarding their technical up-skills.
To step change the performance and efficiency of the existing plant through continuous improvement.
Reduce customer complaints and wastage through effective maintenance and continuous improvement.
Communicate effectively and confidently with production operatives, production management, and engineering management.Principal ResponsibilitiesSafety, Quality, Hygiene
- All activities should be carried out with regard for H&S for yourself and others.
- Strict adherence to all H&S work policies.
- Ensure purchased items conform with all site standards, legislative, moral and European directive requirements
- Personally demonstrate safe behaviour and take responsibility for the management of health & safety of engineering staff and contractors
- Report all accident and Near Miss incidents in the correct format.
- Ensure areas achieve and maintain required GMP standards
- Ensure all work conforms to statutory & safety requirements
- Ensure risk assessments are accurately assessed, and acted upon appropriately.
- Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses
- Reduce customer complaints and wastage through effective maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Obtaining quotes and raising orders under guidance of Team Leader/Engineering Manager
- To be responsible for contract and Princes labour, ensuring good discipline and that factory rules are conformed to at all times.
- Manage contractors via site permit to works/hot works.
- To perform the day-to-day management of the local team when deputising for the Team Leader.
- Responsible for monitoring, updating and improving the planned maintenance system and ensuring planned work is completed.
- Ensure that plant and equipment are maintained in order that they perform efficiently to achieve production targets
- To liaise and assist with training and supporting other engineering departments in general running of the factory.
- Undertake the training of others as required
- Identify own training needs and with Manager agree a time plan for achieving this.
- Have a positive impact on OEE
- Be capable of raising requests in the Princes capital expenditure process.
- Deliver at least 1 Capital expenditure request a year.
- Contribute to and help implement continuous improvement, to enhance quality, safety, efficiency and waste reduction.
- Identify & Deliver a measurable saving in controllable costs year on year.
Appropriate knowledge of machinery within a food manufacturing environment
Health & Safety awareness
Time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience
Good Manufacturing Practice
Knowledge of lubrication management techniques
Knowledge of centrelining
Demonstrable knowledge of focussed improvement techniques
Experience of criticality analysisSkills
IT - Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Presentation Packages.
Working with Others