An exciting vacancy has arisen for a confident individual to join the Private Banking team at our London Office. The successful candidate will assist the Private Bankers to develop client relationships in terms of quality and quantity of lending and deposit volumes and income generated from other group banking products including foreign exchange, investment, and wealth planning. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to start taking on their own clients with the aim to having their own portfolio.
The role will include
Key ResponsibilitiesBanking Admin Responsibilities
- Developing relationships with clients and communicating the Private Bank proposition and product offering.
- Executing client instructions accurately and on time.
- Handling the administration of client transactions.
- Undertaking the administrative requirements associated with Lending
- Undertaking the administrative requirements associated with Investment and Wealth Advice (IWA).
- Preparing Credit Proposals & Memorandums and presenting to the Credit Committee
- Preparing documentation and presenting to the Advice Committee for IWA.
- Training junior members of staff in all aspects of the Private Bank
- Overseeing and monitoring a portfolio of clients under the guidance of a Relationship Manager, while still maintaining and keeping administration tasks and service levels to the clients at an exemplary standard.
- Administration for ones own portfolio of clients and the administration for the Private Banker / Associate Directors portfolio of clients
- Generating, developing, and introducing new client relationships to the Private Bank.
Banking Client Responsibilities
- Handle the daily queries of your own and your Private Banker's portfolio of clients.
- Oversee and set up all types of new client accounts, including completion of documentation.
- Review and action the daily and monthly reports including the associated administration.
- Complete account administration; including account transfers and stationery ordering
- Prepare credit applications and discuss these in the credit committee forum.
- Preparing the appropriate lending and security documentation.
- Ensure all transaction correspondence is completed and communicated to clients, where relevant.
- Monitor lending deals to ensure the relevant and appropriate security is in place, including the management of bad and doubtful debts.
- Seek improvements to systems and methods.
- Instigate debt recovery activities and liaise with appointed officers when external assistance is required.
- Undertake all administration tasks required to ensure that their Private Banking clients receive exemplary levels of customer service both for their own portfolio of clients and for their current Relationship Manager's clients.
- Be able to provide Foreign Exchange advice.
- Ability to oversee and manage a project on behalf of the Private Bank team.
- Introduce clients to an investment qualified private banker, where appropriate.
- Undertake the initial check of the satisfaction of Credit Proposal Conditions Precedent/Conditions Subsequent and to diarise for and monitor the receipt of required regular information/conditions.
- Act as a point of contact for Private Banking clients.
- Provide advice and relevant information to internal and external customers.
- Liaise with clients, communicating the proposition and product offering.
- Ensure client instructions are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle client complaints.
- Develop relationships with Private Banking clients to understand their potential banking needs.
- Develop and generate new Private Banking client relationships.
- Prepare credit applications and lending and security documentation for own portfolio of clients, taking full responsibility.
- Manage excess control of accounts and sanction credit applications for clients using delegated lending authorities.
- Attend customer meetings, and take meeting notes, as and when required.
- Be the first point of call for clients when the Relationship Manager is away.
Ensure clients are aware of Weatherbys Private Banking Investment services and make the necessary introductions to existing and potential clients where appropriate.
- Introduce clients to the Weatherbys IWA Team where appropriate.
- Understand the product/services offered by Weatherbys IWA Team.
- Fully understand the administration required to ensure an IWA investment deal is correctly set up
- Produce the required documentation and present to the Advice Committee
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- CIOBS Professional Banker Certificate (preferred)
- CeMap Level 3 (essential)
- IAD Level 4 (preferred)
- Sound technical banking knowledge and experience of the financial services industry
- Knowledge of regulated credit agreements/deposits/ financial promotions
- Good knowledge of the laws and regulation relating to credit agreements /deposits/complaints handling
- Knowledge of the property purchasing process/property market/security valuation/functioning of land registers/account opening
- Knowledge of IWA.
- Excellent PC skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good understanding, analysis and interpretation of financial accounts
- Ability to make sound judgements.
- Ability to assess and manage credit competently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to adopt a "Get it Right First Time" method of operating at all times.
- Interest in financial markets.
- Specific knowledge of issues affecting customers' businesses.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise work loads
- Ability to work well under pressure
Closing Date 31st August 2021Location
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism and ethics, putting the clients' interests first, understanding and operating the Weatherbys Way and comply with all regulatory and professional requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues in writing and verbally.
- Assist and support colleagues including the answering of their phones.
- Willingly look for solutions and accept responsibilities.
- Train assist and support team members.
Weatherbys Bank London office. There is flexible working available but the successful candidate must be able to attend the office as required.
Weatherbys Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.BenefitsCompetitive Salary (dependent on experience)Annual leave - 25 days increasing to 28 with servicePensionCar parkingLife assuranceCritical illness coverCareer Progression And Support With Professional QualificationsCycle to workEmployee Assistance ProgrammeWellbeingSimply HealthRewards Hub - A free employee Rewards & Benefit platform accessible to all employees offering a variety of services from half priced cinema tickets, meals out, high street discounts, discounts on utilities, potential to earn cash back and supermarket discounted top up cards. It also houses a wellbeing hub, with recipes and exercise videos.Racecourse Association & North Country Circuit BadgesAnnual race day