Be part of the magic behind James Bond and Wonder Woman!
Must be UK based with unrestricted right to work. Can be fully remote as long as you're in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced developer who can help us deliver our vision for a fairer, smarter future for high-end entertainment production. We're a genuinely people-first company
, with a blanket ban on lunchtime business meetings as an example. We actively and constantly advocate a healthy work/life balance, and have a Head of Development on board whose sole responsibility is the welfare and happiness of the developers.
We want to find someone who can communicate clearly and collaborate effectively to make a great customer experience happen. Ideally we want to bring experienced people into the team to help support and balance our existing team members. We want to focus on helping you understand the world of film and television and our clients rather than helping you learn about technology. We're looking for an engaged full-stack developer who wants to do more than crank out code to spec; you are somebody who wants to get more involved, understand what is needed (and why), and be a vital part of solving the problem. You'll be helping define requirements and completely understanding them and the needs behind them, before contributing to the design and development of the solution in partnership with the product team.Responsibilities
- Coordinate with others (technical and otherwise) to identify and resolve issues
- Design and create performant systems that are reliable and can recover easily
- Proudly take ownership of and accountability for your work
- Keep your team informed of your progress and what is holding you back
- Help non-technical colleagues understand new features and changes
- Support clients and other team members with functional issues or clarifications
- You care about accuracy and correctness, and understand the ramifications of mistakes
- Experience of, or interest in Git, AWS, Docker
- Agile development processes
Nice to have experience
- TV/Film industry
- PostgreSQL and/or SQLAlchemy
- Buildkite or another CI/CD service
- Ghost Inspector or Selenium
- Some presentation experience
How do we work?
Typically we use an informal Lean Agile process where empowered self-organising teams are granted a lot of autonomy to pursue the business objectives they've been set. This means there can be a lot of variability in how exactly teams operate as what works for an experimental discovery project isn't the same as delivering work for a big feature film on a deadline. Hopefully you'll prefer the freedom to refine your ways of working instead of following a prescribed process.
We're a small team so we are always interested in techniques and solutions that maximise our impact and which help people join the team and be productive quickly. We have regular forums for discussion and hold retrospectives on projects and incidents to try and make sure we are always seeking to improve. We would like you to be proactive in seeking to fix problems and build on success.
We work with the people behind huge film franchises like
- James Bond
- Wonder Woman
But in addition to epics our clients have also included independent films like Beast and Fighting with my Family. In television we have supported the production of huge long-running shows and mini-serieses alike
- Killing Eve
- The Accident
- The End of the F**king World
You can find out a lot more about our clients and their credits on our website.Our interview process is fully transparent, and you can read all about it here.