Who you'll be working with
Capgemini's financial services specialists provide a complete range of technology services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) is a global organisation that focuses on key financial services domains: banking, capital markets, insurance, cards & payments, wealth and asset management, and risk management & compliance. The focus of your role
In this role, you'll be part of our Software Development & Maintenance practice, helping to deliver software transformation programmes, including multi-country implementation of leading software products for large banks. We are looking for candidates who are keen to relocate to London or Glasgow in the United Kingdom.What you'll do
What you'll bringMandatory
- Help to reshape our clients' core products, working on green- and brownfield solutions using the latest technologies.
- Build new software with latest technologies to replace existing vendor software that are currently used in fund services, which will involve requirement gathering, designing, and lot of coding.
- Build new software/change the existing software to scale the application to meet the business growth and also reduce the operational cost.
- Play a large role in the product lifecycle, contributing to design, development & delivery through our automated deployment pipelines.
- Build easy-to-consume services for consumption by a number of other product teams and systems.
- Bring your strong experience of TDD and automation to further increase confidence in and quality of the systems you work on.
- Develop highly performant APIs at enterprise level
- Use test driven / domain driven development methodology to deliver the code.
- Work closely with Architects, Developers, Security, and Clients on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential code performance bottlenecks
- Collaborate with your peers as a subject matter expert on Cloud, SysOps, DevOps, Release Management, Automation, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), IPaaS
Nice to have
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in API development using .NET and Azure
- Enjoy putting team commitments first and assisting to position the team to be successful.
- Strongly believe in and support team collaboration and enjoy contributing in ways to assist in team wins.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, logical/reasoning and problem-solving skills are mandatory.
Why we're different
- Open Banking experience.
- Good understanding of and experience with Design patterns, with Cloud and Microservice Design patterns being preferred.
- Understanding and implementation experience in event driven and streaming systems.
- Understanding and experience in using multiple protocols, such as Protobuf, JSON, GRPC, Etc.
- Understanding of the many technologies used in delivering highly performant API based architectures... across the entire landscape of both development and execution.
- Knowledge in CI/CD, in addition to the principles of when and how services should be versioned to facilitate enterprise (worldwide) consumption of our many "customers"
- Understand and ideally experience in delivery of services via Kubernetes. Understand and ideally experience in a Service Mesh.
- Working knowledge of Linux including shell scripting and basic system administration-Knowledge of Ansible is a plus.
- Experience with using monitoring tools like App-Dynamics, Wily Introscope, Grafana and log management tools like Splunk, Prometheus.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, and experience with code repository such as SVN and Git, in a team environment
- Experience with unit/integration testing (TestNG, BDD), code review processes and defect management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, advanced degrees preferred.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.