Environmental Project EngineerFull time, permanent Remote working option
The Dawn Meats Group is one of Europe's leading food processing companies and operates as Dunbia in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who have a desire to produce better food naturally.
We're looking to recruit an Environmental Project Engineer to work alongside the Dawn Meats and Dunbia site teams to identify and deliver projects that improves the environmental sustainability across the entire business.The successful candidate will be responsible for the following types of project and initiatives:
Who we're looking for?
- Development and integrationof Effluent treatment systems and projects
- Development and integration of thermal and electrical energy systems improvements to bolster site/group energy performance. A particular focus will be on the following areas:
- Water, electrical and fuel metering systems
- Hot water, steam and heat pump technologies
- Mechanical services
- Integration of group online energy management system
- Development and integration of waste management projects
- Development and integration of water conservation projects
- Development and integration of biodiversity related projects
- Assessment of renewable technologies and other initiatives to reduce carbon emissions
- Assist in environmental audits across the business
What's special about this vacancy is that we're open to considering anyone with a reasonable amount of experience and the salary will be reflective. We're looking for long term value for both parties, so want someone that's going to be with us for many years. You could have 4 or 5 years under your belt or 20 plus years, it doesn't matter. The team will look at where you are in your career and the right person will be recruited.
So we're very open on the profile of who will be successful and will assess flexibly not only experience, skills and knowledge, but also motivation and culture fit. Here's some further requirements to consider:
Our locations & travel:
- A relevant 3rd level Environmental/Engineering qualification (preferably B.Sc.\B.E. degree in engineering) or similar;
- Relevant experience in a similar food industry role
- Audit experience and comfortable to deal with governing bodies
- Team player capable of working in a large operational team
- A good knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering techniques, managing large amounts of data, handling large capital investments
- Excellent IT skills, including proficient use of MS Office suite, particularly excel.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English;
- The ability to work as both part of a team and independently is essential.
While the role can be homebased, there will be a need to come to site(s) for meetings and be based a few days a week from wherever the projects are being undertaken. So there will be a fair amount of travel required. Of course fuel, food and accommodation are paid for where this is necessary. Here are some of our locations:
How to Apply:
- Cross Hands and Llanybydder in West Wales.
- Preston and Sawley in Lancashire, with Carnaby on the East Coast.
- Dungannon, Northern Ireland & Saltcoats in Ayreshire Scotland.
- Treburley and Hatherleigh in the South West.
- Various across the Republic of Ireland.
Applicants will be required to provide proof of right to work in UK.
If you feel you have the right experience and culture fit for the company, click "Apply" to begin your Dunbia journey.Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions. We encourage applicants from female Engineers, who will go through a fair unbiased process.