Automation Test Engineer - Selenium Java PythonUp to £55k + Large Pension, Bonus and Flex Home Working
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an Automation Test Engineer
to join our high profile client.
Our client is well known Fintech50 client who produces software disrupting the wealth management market. Currently they stand at 300 in the UK with almost 3000 clients. They are owned by one of the UK's largest Asset Managers who run over £30 billion in assets.
The firm runs a modern infrastructure with the latest windows versions and sits on AWS, so if you want to play around you will be encouraged. The CEO has an open desk and works closely with every team member.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of testing frameworks, working closely with the Development Manager to design and implement the overall testing strategy. You will have a strong knowledge of various testing methodologies, allowing you to support and advise other engineers on their testing approaches, ensuring the team maintains high-quality standards across the testing automation codebases.
Day to Day the QA Automation Test Engineer will:
The Automation Tester must have:
- Create and maintain automated end-to-end test scripts in Python.
- Contribute and enhance the existing test automation framework and scripts.
- Working with development and business teams in identification, design, and development of automated test scripts.
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (Standups, Planning, Retros etc.)
- Conducting code reviews, mentoring, and guiding junior team members.
- Take a pro-active role with production issues, and in supporting continuous deployment and delivery activities.
- Comp Sci or Tech Degree
- REST API
- Extensive experience in automated software test development using latest open-source tools.
- Excellent working knowledge on Selenium Webdriver with Python or Java (Ability to code)
- Experienced in developing test automation frameworks from scratch using frameworks like Pytest, TestNG or Junit.
- Experience in developing automated test scripts for Restful API's.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, programming practices and Object-Oriented principles.
- Excellent working knowledge on source code repositories, branching and merging strategies using Git and GitHub/Bitbucket.
- Strong knowledge of automated build and deployment, CI/CD pipelines using industry standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Harness etc.).
- Good knowledge on Selenium Grid and experience working with third party grid solutions is desirable.
- Working knowledge of defect tracking and test management tools, preferably Jira.
This is a new role working closely with the development team where you will gain serious exposure to financial services and asset management.
My client is based in Wimbledon, Southwest London REMOTE 4 Days a week.