Two simple questions
- Do you know your way around building, testing and deploying web apps?
- Are you an excellent coder with extensive PHP knowledge?
If you have answered 'yes' to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe's biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about - there are loads more!We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Senior Web Developer (PHP) and join our passionate and talented Web team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.Senior Web Developer (PHP)
This Senior Web Developer (PHP) role is dedicated to creating the applications and web services that support our public facing web sites. You will be responsible for designing and building solutions that support our ecommerce activities and the delivery of Rebellion products and services to our customers. As part of the Web team, you will play a key role in improving our websites and implementing new features that support the growth of the Rebellion brand and its increasingly diverse range of products.
This role would suit an experienced PHP developer who has previous experience of building B2C ecommerce sites.
The Rebellion Web team is responsible for the development, updating and maintenance of all the public facing marketing and ecommerce websites of the company.Key Outcomes
- Delivery of high quality, efficient code
- Ability to understand stakeholder requirements and problems, and deliver high quality solutions
- Improving the overall quality of the web applications and the speed of new feature delivery
- Able to work effectively as part of an agile team, sharing knowledge and experience
- Creating the applications and services that support our public facing ecommerce and marketing web sites.
- Communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Designing and recommending technical solutions for new projects and features
- Updating and enforcing coding standards
- Creating and maintaining new reusable company code libraries
- Conducting code reviews
- Assisting with build and deployment activities
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.Requirements
- Highly motivated, approachable, initiative-taking developer
- Commercial experience of designing, building, testing and deploying public facing web applications
- Able to produce and maintain high quality code and communicate technical concerns to both developers and stakeholders
- Extensive experience of PHP including OOP and MVC frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experienced with coding Web APIs and database design (ideally MySQL/MariaDB)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (ideally GitLab)
- Experience of working in an agile team, taking part in daily stand-ups, code reviews and retrospectives
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with TDD and testing frameworks#
- Working knowledge of NodeJS, Babel and related web optimization technologies
- Holiday 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries