This is an opportunity to join a highly successful specialised cyber security software development and services company looking to expand their team of vulnerability researchers. They are looking for an individual who has an inquisitive mindset and enthusiasm for solving difficult research tasks with theoretical knowledge of vulnerability research and exploitation.
This role will provide you with the skills to become an expert bug hunter and reverse engineer by learning familiarity with ARM, AARCH64, x86, x64, reverse engineering with Ghidra and gaining an understanding of embedded systems and protocol analysis.
A wealth of experience isn't necessarily required, but the client are seeking individuals who have;
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of stack and heap memory management and the theory of exploitation via an overflow and the mitigations available.
- Interest in blogs about vulnerabilities and software security.
- Participation in CTF and/or bug bounty challenges.
- Knowledge of ethical hacking, in particular, the individual must be confident with the theory behind stack and heap overflows.
- Experienced with Linux.
- Familiarity with C or C++, specifically, an understanding of memory management concepts.
- Producing proof of concept capabilities using C, C++ or python.
- A market leading salary, reviewed annually.
- Promotions reviewed quarterly and based on technical excellence - no need to move into management to continue career progression.
- Working hours are flexible over our 37.5-hour week, and compressed/part time arrangements where possible.
- Generous company profit share scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Death in service cover of 4x base salary.
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell an additional 5 days per year, and extra holiday for long service starting from 2 years.
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Company-funded relocation allowance.
There are additional benefits specifically for staff joining within 3 years of graduating from university and on a salary of less than £45,000:
- Graduate sign-on bonus
- Graduate loan of up to £2,000
As part of the team, you will work alongside hugely talented vulnerability researchers and software engineers who will support you as you broaden your skills. In addition, you will tackle a wide range of challenging problems whilst conducting cutting-edge, novel and world-leading research. Finally, you will design and produce niche solutions with immediate real-world impact.
This role is Cheltenham-based with occasional travel to client sites.
#graduate #vulnerabilityresearcher #reverseengineering