Software EngineerManchester £45,000 2 year's experience required Permanent Do you want to work with an exciting scale up which is looking to grow by 50% this year? Do you want to work on a product that is being used by major brands and household names? If so, you need to read on:
One of Manchester's most exciting technology businesses is looking to add the key hire of a Software Developer to the team. The business is looking to grow by 50% in their technology team alone this year and they are looking for inquisitive and passionate Software Developers who want to grow and develop within their careers.
The business develops and provides a revolutionary product that is used by a wide range of well-known brands and household names. The product protects websites from unprecedented volumes of traffic that may cause failure and helps protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from heavy traffic and malicious attacks. The business has recently been categorized as a leader in the rapidly expanding market and now you have the opportunity to join the business that is growing from strength to strength.
The business are proud of their hardworking and passionate development team and what unites the team is their belief that their technology makes a difference! You will be joining a rapidly growing team dedicated to taking their product to the next level. The product is used by the world's biggest brands to securely and fairly control the flow into websites, guaranteeing service even when the volume of traffic exceeds that which the infrastructure can handle. This is a unique opportunity to be a core part of the next phase for this exciting product. What will you be doing:
What are we looking for:
- Develop the product using NodeJS, meeting the agreed specifications
- Participate in the business's feature refinement process to agree technical specifications, functional and non-functional requirements for any given piece of work
- Demonstrate working code and complete features to key stakeholders within the team and at sprint demos
- Deliver code using the test drive development methodology to ensure the highest levels of code quality
- Work with test automation engineers to design and implement the full suite of automated tests at entry level
- Encourage effective means of software engineering, including (but not limited to) pairing, code reviews and continuous delivery within the team
- Learn new programming languages and infrastructure technologies, especially on AWS
- Software engineering related degree or equivalent experience developing production software
- 1+ year's experience working with relational databases
- Experience with building large-scale, software applications using NodeJS would be desirable
- Experience with deployment pipeline and code-quality tooling such as Jenkins, SonarQube etc would be desirable
If you are now at a stage in your career where you want to continue and grow within your role and join a business that has a clear and constructive career path, then this could be the opportunity for you!