- Work with the business/BA/product owner to understand and document data & reporting requirements.
- Re-engineer the data sources, transformations, business rules and mappings from the SAS, SQL or Python code.
- Perform analysis to assess the meaning and quality of data and to define the approach for processing and cleaning the data.
- Identify the gaps in the data warehouse/lake to meet the reporting & analytics requirements.
- Appreciate and analyse the business process and identify the data points generated by the process check points.
- Produce data variable level specification of data mapping from source to the business defined attributes for data projects. Including derivation and transformations, data controls and checks.
- Support the validation of the new data layers as they are designed , built, and tested by Engineering.
Knowledge & Experience
MS SQL stack (SQL, stored procs, SSIS, SSRS), SAS, Python
Have worked in master data management, data warehouse, data lake or analytics environment preferably in financial services lending business.
Spark, Hadoop, Azure Data Factory experience will be desirable.
We need someone with below skillset
- Experience in data analysis/profiling
- Experience in data modelling
- Building Logical/Physical data model
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Any experience in SSIS, Azure
- Experience in Python is a bonus