About the role
This is your opportunity to be a key member in our Engineering team, making fullstack technical contributions in an industry that faces immense challenges. Seated in Belfast or London.
In this full stack role, AgriWebb leverages a flexible tech stack of TypeScript and Node.js for server-side code, with Angular and Ionic for applications, also written using TypeScript, allowing for code reuse between the frontend and backend. As our Software Engineer, you will work closely with the wider Engineering and Product teams to deliver end-to-end functions for AgriWebb customers around the world.
There is no more impactful industry than AgTech. You can help shape the future by building the tools to feed a growing population while at the same time reducing emissions. Bringing clarity to consumers who gain confidence in their food selections knowing where their meat comes from and the path it took to retailers. Are you ready to make your impact?Responsibilities of the role include:
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Contribute technical solutions by working with other Engineers, Product Management and customers
- Delivering and maintaining quality product code that is performant, secure, testable and flexible.
- Work with our Product and UX teams to define and deliver amazing experiences for our customers
- Understand customer challenges and product pain points through week-long developer support rotations
A bit about us
- Expertise in a web framework such as Angular (preferred) or React
- Understands current trends in front and back-end development
- Knowledge of cloud & distributed software principles with AWS or other cloud providers
- Skills in cross-platform mobile app development with Ionic desired
- Server side development including Node.js, microservices, databases and deployment with AWS
- Experience in fullstack cross-platform mobile app development
- Experience testing applications to ensure a high level of quality
- Experience with agile project teams from requirements to delivery
- Experience in a SaaS company is beneficial
Imagine walking into your supermarket and knowing that your next steak or lamb roast was compassionately raised, in a way that allowed the farmer to make a reasonable living and, through data, you can know that the carbon sink created by raising that animal offset your own carbon footprint.
By 2050, the world needs to produce 56% more food than it does today to feed the projected population. With no more land to cultivate and a carbon footprint that accounts for nearly 10% of global greenhouse emissions, livestock farming needs to become more efficient, profitable and sustainable.
Farming is the least digitised industry and therefore, AgriWebb believes that data can empower livestock farmers to implement and demonstrate their commitment to sustainably produced healthy food. Processors and supermarkets too, must make the active decision to empower farmers with tools that unlock demonstrable evidence of animal and environmental welfare.
AgriWebb believes in realising a world of zero-carbon beef and lamb through empowering the livestock industry with the best tools to feed the world sustainably, profitably, and efficiently. With more than 7000 users raising more than 15million animals across a combined area twice the size of the UK, AgriWebb is not just the leading global livestock management software provider; we're the only tool fully capable of helping the biggest supply chain players globally track livestock data and uncover the insight they need to make big-picture sustainability goals a reality.
Like many of us here at AgriWebb, you may not have worked in the world of agriculture before, but you'll fall in love with it and your ability to impact real problems for real people in one of the oldest, and least digitised, industries in the world.
If you have the passion, skills and experience required to make a global impact please apply now.