Who are we
Mosaic is a venture capital firm based in London, investing in early-stage, tech-focused startups across Europe. Our partners have 30+ years of experience investing on both sides of the Atlantic. In that time, we have invested across 12 countries in over 80 companies that together have created over $400 billion of value.
Mosaic is a small and collegiate team. As we hunt for Europe's most inspiring and exciting startups, we take a thesis-driven approach - with a collective desire to understand how technology creates new markets and transforms existing ones. We partner early with inspiring, ambitious founders who reimagine the world and shape it their way. Read more.
Who are we looking for
This is a unique opportunity to join as our first head of platform. Mosaic is looking for a thoughtful and resourceful individual who will play a key role in accelerating the building and growing of our Platform. This involves defining and executing our strategy to deliver short and long-term value, building a strong community of outperforming entrepreneurs, and ensuring we deliver on what our founders need.
You will work as an integral part of the ops team, helping us determine where to focus our efforts and develop scalable initiatives to drive value-add across the portfolio. The ideal candidate will have an operational mindset and relevant experience in a startup (e.g. operations, customer success) and/ or customer-facing professional services (e.g. consulting); possibly a similar role at another venture firm, incubator or accelerator.
What You'll Be Doing
- Planning and execution of the Platform initiatives by collaborating with our team and external stakeholders, including programs, events, partnerships, etc
- Help spread the news around success stories and relevant updates as part of our marketing efforts
- Help manage the Mosaic network to improve our ability to facilitate portfolio introductions, curate event lists, and grow relationships
- Meaningfully engage with the founders or their executive team to capture their most important needs, challenges and where Mosaic could be helpful
- Support fundraising and talent acquisition by liaising with the partners
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to drive founders surveying, and help analyse the firm's performance and value-add to improve the platform continuously
- 6-10+ years of full-time work experience, including the following
- Platform/ community management at a VC, accelerator or incubator
- Building community and/ or a customer-facing ops role at a high growth startup
- Customer-facing role at a consulting firm, with a focus on operations
Demonstrated problem-solver with attention to detailStrong business/commercial acumen - and a passion for the world of startupsExcellent communication skills (written and verbal) to diverse audiencesA true team player, who thrives in small, collegiate environmentsAbility to manage time effectively and prioritise under pressureHow to apply?
We'd love to know more about you - please share (either written or a short video)
- Tell us a little more about yourself, including your superpowers and what motivates you?
- Why are you interested in a role in VC, and why do you want to join Mosaic?
- Pitch us on an initiative to support a portfolio company you believe will be relevant for Mosaic and our founders?
Feel free to include any links to your online presence to help us know you better.