inMusic is hiring a DevOps Build Engineer. Based in Cambridge, UK, you will collaborate with our global team of Development and Quality Assurance professionals to integrate, manage, tune, and scale our Continuous Integration and Management Systems within an agile environment.Requirements
The main responsibilities of this role are
- Building, installing, and setting up new tools and infrastructure.
- System analysis-identifying bottlenecks, suggesting improvements, and implementing fixes.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders.
- Documenting systems and processes clearly.
- Setting up visualisation tools, build monitoring and dashboards.
- Increasing developer and release velocity and improving code health.
- Creating custom automation scripts to help automate everything!
Key Personal Skills
You are a committed self-starter with a degree-level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent. You are motivated, flexible, and quality-conscious.
To succeed in this role, you must have
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise, react quickly and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Good research skills and the ability to use Google!
Key Technical Skills
You have solid experience with most of the following
- Jenkins configuration and build management, including setting up Pipeline builds.
- Git, GitLab and Subversion.
- Scripting tools, such as Python, bash, and PowerShell.
- Developing for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Ansible (or Puppet, Chef).
- Networking, tracing, and instrumentation tools.
Nice to have
The following are desirable
- Experience with build tools, such as CMake, GNU Make, Visual Studio and Xcode.
- Experience with code deployment and test automation.
- Experience using Jira.
- Knowledge of Buildroot.
- Experience of integrating cloud systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
inMusic celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer, recognizing that future success in a highly competitive marketplace depends on our employees and their development.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at inMusic and we encourage everyone to apply - regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religion or belief or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.