Our client a global digital leader is looking to recruit Scrum Master's / Delivery Managers for an exciting Public Sector contract.Qualifications
The Scrum master should have a recognised Scrum master qualification from Scrum.org or similar.Experience
The Scrum master should demonstrate experience of the following:
- Manage software development using Scrum.
- Run Scrum team(s) of circa 8 developers.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the official Scrum guide.
- Use Jira and similar tools, including familiarity with sprint boards, ticket types, workflow, labels, components, releases.
- Run Scrum ceremonies, including having techniques for running Scrum retrospectives and use of associated tools
- Facilitate story refinement and story point estimating.
- Create and maintain documentation in Confluence and similar tools
- Manage sprints running inside programme increments (aligned to SAFe).
- Manage software releases using:
- traditional gate-approval based deployment
- modern continuous integration/continuous deployment methods.
- Be articulate and demonstrate strong communication skills.
The Scrum master will work with Developers to contribute to the following generic team responsibilities as and where appropriate:
- High level requirements and change requests are established, technical options are identified, estimates are provided, and impact assessments informed in line with the Digital Service Standard.
- Technical stories defined and non-technical stories refined (working collaboratively with the BA)
- Security level, legal responsibilities, privacy issues and risks associated with the service are addressed
- Areas of technical risk are identified and de-risked with technical spikes
- Definition of "ready" (for development) and "done" are defined.
- Service integration approach established (with the products), where applicable.
- Hosting and service wrapper requirements are defined.
- Code reviewed by peers and other team members.
- Continuous integration pipeline to be used in beta and beyond are built.
- Code development for each story follows the agreed best practice.
The Scrum master will champion the following working practices ensuring adoption by Developers and other members of the team:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, using Agile principles and methodologies in a way which aligns with the values and goals of the project and wider organisation.
- Work with service managers, product owners and business analysts to identify and define user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with other developers on the team in ensuring that reuse of components is maximised, and development effort is minimised.
- Collaborate with the team's UX Designer, Content Designer and User Researcher to build web interfaces that satisfy user needs.
- Maintain and encourage high standards of practice.
- Be responsible for their work from design to post-deployment support
- Use their expertise to guide and shape the design of the product
- Keep a user focused mind-set and consider the impact of their work on the user's experience
- Spread their knowledge through the team
- Take technical direction and guidance from their team's Architect and Tech Lead
- Take design direction and guidance from their team's Solution Architect, UX Designer and User Researcher
- Support the activities of the project teams as necessary to prepare for any necessary gating and assurance processes.
Please send your CV in the first instance, we look forward to hearing from you.
Synergize Consulting is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Synergize Consulting embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.