How to applyPlease ensure you apply with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
More information can be found on our website: https://catapult.org.uk/careers-senior-comms-manager/About the role
Location: Home and field-based, with travel to local offices and nationwide events.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Manager to perform this challenging and exciting role working with all nine Catapults to promote the collective impact they are making on people's lives and the UK economy.
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly competent communications and PR professional. You will develop and implement a strong and wide-reaching communications & stakeholder engagement strategy to promote the Network's collective message in order to amplify the understanding and recognition of Catapults and extend their collective influence as key delivery partners in the innovation landscape, both nationally and internationally.
The Catapult Network Office is formed of a small team hosted by Digital Catapult. It operates independently from but in close alignment with all nine Catapults. Key duties:
The successful candidate will have proven experience and ability of:
- Develop, deliver and evaluate strategic communications and stakeholder engagement
- Coordinate and execute day to day communication activity including publications (technical and policy thought pieces, annual brochure, case studies), news releases digital media campaigns, production of blogs, podcasts, videos, events.
- Keep abreast of developments in Government and the innovation landscape to align messages and campaigns with national and global priorities.
- Manage relevant third-party contracts.
- Managing and delivering strategic communications and stakeholder engagement at the highest level and in complex environments, using a wide range of tools and channels, with a demonstrable passion for R&D and innovation.
- Successfully developing and delivering everything from simple activations to complex PR campaigns, at fast pace and at the highest standards.
- Understanding complex technical information and conveying this to a variety of audiences.
- Delivering vibrant social media strategies, content marketing and website user experience management.
- Building positive and effective working relationships influencing participation across a large number of individuals and multiple organisations, sectors, disciplines and geographies.
- Anticipating future requirements and adapting to change.
- Confident, resilient, excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding written and verbal communications, content preparation, digital marketing, with exceptional attention to detail.
- You will be at your best working across multiple projects, thriving on successfully juggling conflicting priorities and managing varied stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative individual who can think outside the box.
- Self-awareness and a high level of professionalism.
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Advanced user of comms tools, incl. Microsoft Office, Google programmes, WordPress, etc.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Preferably, educated to at least degree level in a relevant subject.
Once Covid-19 restrictions are further resolved, there is an expectation for national travel to meet Network participants across all UK regions and deliver activities.