Planet Smart City fosters a culture of inclusivity that reflects our mission in addressing one of the most pressing current global issues: affordable housing.
More than 1.6 billion people currently live in unsafe and overcrowded housing.
We create cities and neighbourhoods that are economically, environmentally, and socially sustainable by integrating the best architecture and engineering with the use of smart technologies, IoT, digitalisation, resilient infrastructure, and intelligent urban planning to provide high-quality, low-cost homes not only for today but for future generations.
People and communities are put at the heart of our neighbourhoods, improving lives by enabling a circular economy, and offering social innovation programmes, which
help promote strong and supportive communities that nurture relationships and
are enriched with services at a local level.
Our company values reflect our mission of impactful growth and dedication to innovation through a people-centric culture, mindful leadership, commitment to care, and authentic compassion. The Role:
Planet Smart City is recruiting a Head of Customer Growth to drive our performance marketing, and digital Customer acquisition globally. The role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will work in close collaboration with Marketing, Product, Advisory and Sales teams globally and locally to optimise our inbound marketing strategy and expand our digital customer acquisition channels.
Much of our customer acquisition is done through earned and paid media on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google across multiple markets in Brazil, India, the US and Europe.
This is therefore a pivotal global leadership role driving the growth strategy and leading our performance marketing know-how in the business. Responsibilities:
- Build the performance marketing strategy to optimise customer acquisition, lead conversion down the funnel and across our brand touchpoints.
- Build, launch and monitor paid acquisition and intent-based marketing campaigns from scratch (targeting, creative, tracking, reporting).
- Manage budgets while planning, executing, and optimizing campaigns across all digital channels to drive strong ROAS and efficient CAC.
- Build customer nurturing workflows and cycles to increase our Customer acquisition rate and drive lifetime value (LTV)
- Research and implement new ideas/features/strategies in a systematic manner while diligently carrying out experiments and reporting results/insights.
- Manage, coach, and support the local digital marketing teams in Brazil, India, Italy and the USA in their acquisition and lead generation campaigns.
A minimum of 7+ years' experience in Digital Marketing, Performance Marketing or Social Media Advertising experience at management level - preferably in high growth and technology, SaaS environments.
Education, Skills and Qualifications
- A Passion for Marketing. You stay up to date on the industry, platforms, and changes as they roll out
- A strong grasp of Web Analytics, A/B Testing, and metrics-driven (performance) marketing
- Robust experience in optimising paid media budget, targeting and segmentation, evaluation of the performance of each channel, and forecasting the performance of campaigns.
- Experience in setting up, managing, and optimising campaigns to display ads and retarget them across verticals, such as SEM, display advertising, social media, and other discovery platforms.
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven approach to problem-solving, customer insight and marketing acquisition tactics.
- A methodical approach in analysing data and ability to extract impactful insights and make campaign recommendations.
- Have a "growth hacking" and "test and learn", methodical approach in analysing the data to generate more growth, and make campaign recommendations (optimise CaC, cost per lead)
- An ability to understand and monitor web analytics dashboards and reporting tools to monitor budgets, campaign performance, ROI, and channel metrics.
- A Customer-driven focus - able to leverage customer insights to better segment, target and reach potential customers
- An entrepreneurial predisposition, team player and strong interpersonal skills as required to interact with personnel across senior levels of the business and external partners.
- Degree in Marketing or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong inclination towards data-driven decision-making
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritise in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations
- Ability to effectively manage agency partners and online paid channels.
- Deep Understanding and prior usage of Ad Networks and Exchanges including, but not limited to, Google Ads, Social Media Ad Platforms and native ad platforms like Taboola/Outbrain
- Deep understanding of the Affiliate Marketing ecosystem and fair knowledge of reliable Affiliate Networks
- Hubspot platform, and the ability to optimise lead and nurturing workflows are a major plus.
- Analytics and database tools such as Excel, Google Analytics, Tableau, and performance marketing platforms
- Exposure to data visualization and reporting tools, such as Tableau, is a plus
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies and developments in the digital industry
- A passionate, energetic personality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with minimum or no guidance
- Comfortable working with different cultures and languages
- A leader able to influence the team, peers, and the whole organisation