Site Services ManagerJob Purpose
Reporting to the site Engineering Manager, this role has responsibility for the Site Services element of the installed Asset base.
The role includes the proactive management of Energy usage for the site and look to ensure that best available techniques are applied in the area of energy generation, distribution and waste and effluent disposal.
As a part of the Engineering function, this role will work with the site and Group to strive to achieve optimal operational efficiency at the lowest cost through the delivery of targets against the strategic objectives of the Group Supply function:
This role works closely with Group, supporting the delivery of the agreed manufacturing vision and strategy through continuous improvement and working with their peers and colleagues to realise synergies across manufacturing sites. A primary aim will be to ensure the site is working to attain optimum efficiencies, effectiveness and profitability, initiating and implementing change as appropriate to meet the needs of the business. Also as appropriate responsible for ensuring any related major projects are delivered to the pre-agreed costs, schedules and performance criteria.
· Site Engineering Manager, Site Leadership Team (Technical Manager, H&S Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Planning & Logistics Manager & HR Manager), Site Engineering teams, Suppliers & Contractors
· Group Group Engineering Managers, Group Legal Managers, Indirect Procurement, Group H&S
· Safety, Quality, Hygiene
o Undertake duties in a responsible manner giving due consideration to Safety, Environmental & Quality procedures, which form part of the Integrated Management System.
o Ensure work undertaken conforms to legislative requirements
o Embrace a culture of safe behavior and contractor health and safety within the production and engineering areas
o Support a culture enhancing behavioral awareness to reduce accidents, incidents and near misses.
· Asset Care Management
o Work with the Asset Care Manager execute efficient and effective asset care programmes for Site Services, implementing a standardised asset care approach with the drive to ensure effective maintenance systems, in line with the Group PMS Roadmap & the Maturity Matrix site development tool.
o Support the implementation of the Group asset care strategy across Site Services in conjunction with the Princes interpretation of the JIPM model involving AM, PRM and EEM.
§ AM - Proactively support Autonomous Maintenance steps 0 to 3
§ PRM - Drive Professional Maintenance steps 0 to 7
§ EEM - Engage and support in Early Equipment Management on Capital projects
o Ensure cost of maintenance and maintaining assets is transparent and known.
o Support the development of SAP PM and other systems to drive planning and control and focussed improvements.
o Directly manage on-site contractors and in-house resource, providing clear direction to ensure projects/Asset Management activity is carried out to best practice, current legislation and strict H&S guidelines.
· Stores Management
o Understand and support the stores development programme by proactively ensuring the proper use of the SAP system associated technology when utilizing material resources as part of works order or a project.
· Site Services and Energy Management
- Directly responsible for managing all aspects of site services, ensure that statutory compliance is adhered and performance standards are at such that best practice is applied for the environmental impact and continuity of supply for the site for everything that is not part of the direct Manufacturing process.
- Work within a site services KPI framework to drive performance standards of Water, Air, Gas, Electricity and Steam [WAGES].
- Responsible for the reduction of site utility consumption in line with Group targets.
o Work with operational peer groups sharing best practice and providing advice and support as required
o Work within Group Energy strategy framework to drive continuous improvements in energy consumption and drive down the costs.
· Site Electrical Management
o Work with the Group Electrical Manager and the Engineering team to ensure site electrical standards comply with current relevant legislation and Princes Group Standards.
· Site Manufacturing Systems Engineering Management
o Support and assist in MES development for Energy monitoring
· Site Capital Plan Management
o Responsibility for planning and executing the Minor capital plan for Site Services. The role will also have an input into the forward strategy for the site and sector.
o Act as the site 'outside in gatekeeper' for the co-ordination and acceptance of larger scale capitals from the Group Engineering function.
o The role may from time to time be asked to lead a Capital project above minor levels.
o Working with Engineering Manager, Group Engineering and the Site Departmental teams to manage the implementation of capital projects from initial concept, Capital expenditure paper creation through to successful conclusion and sign-off, including:
§ Preparation and enabling work.
§ Installation and commissioning.
§ Training and performance trials.
o Undertake technical and equipment benchmarking where appropriate to ensure the company continues to maintain its competitive edge.
o Ensure compliance with Group Engineering standards, legislation and best practice with regard to health & safety and CDM regulations at all times.
o Assist with the development and implementation of Group Engineering standards for the business and ensure compliance at all times.
o Raise and approving where applicable, capital purchase orders and authorising the payment of invoices through SAP, ensuring that project costs are managed within agreed budgets.
· Continuous Improvement
- Support the transition from reactive to proactive with targets of 80% of Engineering work planned in advance, 20% of engineering time on Continuous Improvement with 75% known utilisation of engineers.
- Promote and drive 5S and GMP and other continuous improvement tools to identify areas for improvement to enhance quality, safety, efficiency and waste reduction
- Continually review performance, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve KPI's
· Manage/Develop People
- Drive the training and development of the Engineering Technician team for site services within the MEOSI model.
- Promote the highest levels of motivation and engagement, demonstrating effective leadership and communication.
- Manage, develop and motivate the team, ensuring they have the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience necessary to undertake their duties effectively
- Support a culture of ownership within the site team for the on-going development of the facilities. Evoke a proactive approach to change and improvement in the performance of the sites.
· Technical Leadership
- Act as first point of technical support for the site in relation to site services.
- Apply defined best practice in Site Services areas as defined by site
- Develop and apply own specialist technical skills in support of Site Services KPI's
- Ensure that anyone involved in the Site Services team understand the broader Asset Care Management process, the fundamentals of the processes and that any new technology and procedures are introduced in a manner that improves the competitive cost base of the Asset Care requirements for the site.
o Work closely with support functions (HR, H&S, Manufacturing, Technical, Logistics and Finance) to ensure resources required are identified and communicated with all outstanding issues resolved.
o Communicate daily with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that site service provision does not affect the production process.
o Liaise daily/hourly as required with colleagues within and cross functionally regarding site services matters.
o Communicate daily with engineering and manufacturing to ensure site services asset care schedules take into account production priorities and considerations
o Ensure communication to other sites and peers are undertaken as and when required to ensure consistency and best practice.
o Conduct self in line with site values and behaviours at all times.Experience Required
- Graduate calibre, hands-on experience in a site services operational and engineering environment with a track record of world class asset care implementation within the manufacturing sector.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving results/managing change.
- Excellent understanding of typical site services provision with awareness of developing technologies and techniques, for a fast moving manufacturing facility - Preferably FMCG or at least the processes used.
- Good operational grounding within a complex fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Operated within and familiar with implementation of the principles of World Class Manufacturing environments / Continuous Improvement methodologies.
o Determined, influential with strong participative leadership skills and a track record of leadership in the planning and subsequent implementation of major projects within production facilities
o Experience of delivering results against financial targets, service levels and safety standards.
o Good working knowledge of operating systems such as SAP, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- o Good understanding of project managements systems.