Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Go Gousto!The Opportunity
We are a scale up business on a steep growth trajectory, and with that comes the need to build a platform that can continue to scale. In parallel to this, we need to expand our teams, evolving effective tools and processes that ensure we can continue to deliver quality code at pace.
Our platform is entirely cloud-based, and many of our backend services are now delivered via AWS Lambda. Our continuous delivery pipeline is fully automated and we release code to production multiple times a day.
We are making huge investments in technology. As well as providing lots of career growth for our team, there will be plenty of opportunities to steer, mentor, influence and learn.
We're looking for Principle Software Engineers to join the team and take responsibility for technical authority across our a business domain (Tribe and/or Squads). You will be one of our most knowledgeable senior engineering leaders responsible for contributing to the definition, direction and execution of our platform strategy that will ensure we can realise our vision to become the nation's favourite way to eat dinner.
You will have a large span of influence, supporting 8 lead engineers (~ 60 engineers in total)
You will be a strategic partner to a Head of Software Engineering and the wider engineering management team and promote Gousto in the wider tech community.Things you may be working on in the next 12 months
What You'll Do
- Scalability - you will help scale our services so that we can continue to provide a great customer experience at increased trading volumes
- Architecture decoupling - we have a great new direction, evolving our systems toward an event driven asynchronous architectural style. We have made great significant progress with plenty of room to contribute and influence
- Operational Excellence - our customer base is growing rapidly and for many we have become an essential service. You will help us ensure our systems are reliable and when problems do arise we are able to solve them promptly and safely
- Web Performance - you will guide us towards tools, techniques and approaches that deliver an unrivaled customer user experience
Who You AreRequirements
- Form a holistic view of domains and dependencies across Gousto, and act as Subject Matter Expert
- Coach and mentor engineers in developing self-direction or loosely-coupled distributed systems, applying relevant architecture principles and patterns
- Identify large-scale engineering trials in Gousto's growth, and own the roadmap to address them
- Coach and mentor senior engineers going down the IC career path
- Ability to guide leaders who are experienced at maturing technical practices and architecture in a variety of domains and contexts
- Broad and deep technical expertise. You will be tasked with some of our most stimulating technical problems
- Ability to be hands on where necessary, e.g driving out novel approaches across our business.
Click here to see our benefits!