Specialist Hand TherapistSalary:
Up to £20,250 per annum (pro-rata'd)Hours:
Part-time, 16.25 hours per weekLocation:
Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, 60 Grove End Road, St John's Wood, London NW8 9NH
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Specialist Hand Therapist, with extensive experience of performing advanced clinical assessments in this specialist field.
Located in leafy St John's Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. Uniquely, all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John's. What are my responsibilities in this Specialist Hand Therapist role?
Am I the right person for this Specialist Hand Therapist role?
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of own professional activities in line with the standards of the Hospital
- To have overall accountability for the planning and management of own complex and specialised caseload of patients
- To be highly competent in assessing a wide range of orthopaedic hand and plastic surgery conditions based on advanced theoretical knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology, often in situations where conflicting evidence is present
- To utilise advanced clinical reasoning skills and evidence based knowledge to assess and diagnose patients and implement appropriate management plans as an autonomous practitioner.
- To demonstrate highly developed dexterity, coordination and palpation skills for the assessment and treatment of patients.
- To continuously assess, evaluate and modify treatment aims, objectives and desired outcomes in collaboration with the patient, any carers and multidisciplinary team.
- To make recommendations to colleagues and members of the MDT, based on advanced theoretical and practical knowledge regarding the ongoing management of patients
- To produce up to date, clear evidence based resources for patients.
- To ensure that patients have consented to Hand Therapy assessment and therapeutic interventions in line with hospital policy and professional codes of conduct.
- Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect the care provided and to meet professional and hospital standards as well as local and national guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Lead undertake monitoring and evaluation of work and current practice through the use of evidence based projects, audits and outcome measures.
Why work for us?
- BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy or diploma or equivalent
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration for Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of post graduate professional development in hand therapy specialism i.e. BAHT or similar.
- Evidence of additional specialist knowledge acquired through relevant post-graduate training.
- Experience of working with complex plastic and orthopaedic hand surgery.
- Highly skilled in hand therapy splinting and post-operative wound care.
- Experience of a wide range of approaches for the management of complex patients.
- Awareness of cognitive behavioural approach to rehabilitation.
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com