Fresha is the number one beauty and wellness appointment booking marketplace worldwide. We just closed our $100M Series C to accelerate our continued global scale-out. We're headquartered in London with global offices located in NYC, Vancouver, Sydney, Dublin, Warsaw, Amsterdam and St. Petersburg.
Fresha takes the hassle out of running beauty and wellness businesses with an industry-leading, freemium SaaS platform for managing appointment bookings, payments, staffing, inventory, CRM, marketing, financial reporting, and much more. Our CTO cheekily (and annoyingly) calls us the "SAP for Salons", which should give you a sense of the breadth and depth of our product offering.
Our platform is used by over 50k merchants, in 120+ countries, who together book over half a million appointments every day, and all of those numbers are growing massively month-on-month. Having achieved great product-market fit in multiple markets, we're now scaling worldwide. Our product engineering teams are based in London, Amsterdam, Warsaw and St. Petersburg and we're continuously looking to add great talent at both the individual contributor and leadership level in all of those locations.
We currently have over 100 engineers across Europe and are continuously looking to add the best to our teams.
We'll probably slow down hiring as/when we approach 200... you could be our next +1 -)
In addition to developing a great product experience for our customers, as a globally-scaling SaaS-enabled, consumer marketplace we have some world-class technical and architectural challenges for engineers with the right experience.
Our Engineering playing field...
Here's what our technical playing field looks like when viewed from a helicopter
- React SPA at the front-end, also packaged with Cordova for mobile
- We're travelling down the well-worn path of moving from a predominately monolithic architecture (RoR) to an event-driven architecture of loosely coupled Elixir services. Kafka and gRPC are helping us on that journey at the back-end
- Currently deployed into AWS EKS but as we're 100% K8s our workloads are very portable
We already have a team of great players, 80 strong and growing, mostly in Poland, but now the UK too. We are continuously hiring in Engineering to support our global expansion and the exponential growth of our business.
While we do have a great office in London (near Liverpool St.), we are all currently WFH. Post-COVID, it will be a flexible mix of WFH and office, with individual teams and engineers determining where to work to achieve maximum team performance.
Regardless of how and where everyone works, we are looking for great product-oriented engineers who will rise to the challenge of working as part of a talented team of similarly passionate engineers, architects and designers, all of whom ensure that everyone in the team is the best they can be.
We - hand-on-heart! - consider ourselves to be a world-class engineering team, so we set the bar high in terms of inviting new team members to come and join us. We look for people who will help drive us to be collectively even better than we already are and who can contribute to and reinforce our product engineering culture.Requirements
- Proven experience with React + Redux
- Proven experience with a modern JS toolchain NPM, Lerna, Webpack, ESLint,...
- A passion to write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Strong communication skills, ability to self-organise and work well within teams
Bonus Points for the Nice-To-Haves...
- Native development for Android and / or iOS
- RAIL Performance
- Cypress and Jest
- Full-stack experience (double bonus points if Ruby or Elixir!)
- (Some quirky/geeky interest -)
We are living the Continuous Delivery dream and focus on a killer combination of quality and velocity, sacrificing neither...
- Cross-functional product engineering teams, sprinting bi-weekly (with kanban in the mix too), with every team autonomously and continuously delivering
- Highly collaborative lean product development process where engineers work closely with product owners, designers and analysts
- Daily (and intra-day) deploys with everything feature-flagged
- On-demand test/staging environments provisioned with a Jenkins one-liner in Slack Ops
- Automated Everything 100% infrastructure-as-code plus a deep-seated hate of manual testing (we like Cypress/Jest)
- Contribute on Day 1 Read Confluence, Install Docker Desktop, git clone repo, ./scripts/setup.rb. Done.