Concirrus is at the forefront of digital transformation in the specialty and automotive insurance markets.
Our talented team worked closely with the insurance community to create Quest. Quest is our expertly designed, intuitive, cloud-based digital underwriting platform built upon cutting edge technical architecture. Quest helps the insurance market seamlessly combine complex datasets, and using AI and machine learning, the platform analyses the data to provide insights to transform the way that underwriters select and price risk.
We believe that the key to delivering state-of-the-art insurance in today's connected world is data, and we're continuously evaluating datasets that will add value to our clients.
Concirrus doesn't just want to see the insurance market survive, we believe that with the right tools, the industry could thrive. Customers rely on our team to deliver:
- Class leading datasets to enhance their understanding of real-time risk
- Streamlined data analysis and automated processes
- Cutting edge risk models driven by the latest developments in AI and machine learning to deliver greater efficiencies
- Transparent insights into the behaviours that correlate to claims
- The latest innovations in technology to help them succeed
- All delivered through beautifully designed web applications
Our product suite does the heavy lifting so that our clients can focus their expertise on innovative risk management and pricing.
We're data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We're also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, art collectors and investors. We're an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and this suits the way we work.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and a passionate and driven team based in London, Delhi, Singapore, and the US, we're looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.The Role
We are currently seeking a Big Data and Machine Learning Engineer, based from our London headquarters.
Concirrus sees an opportunity very broadly, across not just the underwriting and broking community, but multiple buyers across the spectrum of insurance services, support services and the financial markets players who have an interest in analytics spanning from risk to capital markets.
Concirrus' aim is to grow beyond its current markets and extend further into providing a platform for digital insurance that drives both capital and operating efficiency. The company recently completed detailed engagements with a global advisory firm to clearly define the longer-term strategic opportunity and a roadmap to achieve this. This strategy has identified a significant market opportunity that supports the company ambition to grow to £100m+ ARR in the coming three years.
Reporting to our CTO, this new role will drive technical architecture and best practices in the Data Science and Machine Learning parts of our platform. You will define and own the desired state and architecture of our DS/ML platform. You will be a key member of the CTO leadership team feeding the strategy and architectural direction for the Data Science and Machine Learning teams.
You will have an innovative mentality, the ability to conceive of unmet client needs and create new solutions to fulfil them. You will be a sophisticated, ambitious thinker, and appreciate the size of the global opportunity for Concirrus.Major Responsibilities
- Work closely with the CTO as part of CTO office to define the tech stack and technical architecture of Data Science and Machine Learning platforms based on business drivers.
- Work closely with the Data Science Director and his team to align the mid to long term architectural vision and provide assistance with the execution of this vision as required.
- Define the architectural principals for the Data Science / Machine Learning side and influence the adoption of these within the teams.
- Regular auditing and reporting of any variations between our architectural vision and what the teams are implementing.
- Act as the SME around Data and Machine Learning platform architecture.
- Drive some strategy initiatives from the CTO office as required.
- Extensive experience in Data Science / Machine Learning based SaaS solutions or platforms with an ideal career progression from a developer or Data Engineer/Data Scientist to a Big Data or Machine Learning Architect.
- Knowledge of breadth and depth of the tools and eco-system around Data Science, Machine Learning, Big Data, and analytics.
- In-depth hands-on experience building scalable and efficient technical architecture to deliver Data Engineering, Data Science and Machine Learning platforms.
- Proven experience taking a high level vision around Data Science and Machine Learning and translating that into technical strategy and architecture and driving the implementation of these by influencing teams.
- Good Machine Learning know-how, such as pattern recognition, and clustering for handling data.
- Proficient in the Big Data and Machine Learning tooling provided by one of the Cloud providers (ideally AWS), plus exposure to other key cloud provider's capabilities in this domain.
- Strong hands-on experience in building scalable data pipelines using modern technologies and patterns.
- Ability to create high quality technical documentations that can be used by others as an example and influence people to adopt the architecture pattern and practices you setup.
- Solid understanding of different architectural patterns and anti-patterns and good engineering vs over engineering.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you'll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks...
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices a stone's throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub almost on our doorstep.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks - like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we're always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.