Who we are
Zappi is a fast growing SaaS platform helping Fortune 500 companies pre-test new ideas and creative content before production. From new products, media campaigns, names, logos, packaging or flavours, Zappi allows companies to kill bad ideas and improve on good ones. We bring together top expertise in applied statistics, data science, visualization, UX and engineering to create a platform that allows non-expert users to make high-stakes decisions easily and confidently. We believe it's possible to run a profitable business while also having a positive impact on the environment and our communities.
Zappi is an equal opportunities employer and we consider our diversity to be a major strength. We maintain a constant dialogue with our teams and wider communities about how we can become a more inclusive place to work.
Who we are looking for
We're looking for someone who can help us grow our testing team into a centre of excellence at Zappi and views great customer experience as the goal. The ideal candidate will have opinions on all of these topics
- How testing best adds value to high-performing engineering teams
- How testers should be involved in product development
- How you prioritise what to test
- Career progression for testers
- Which tests should be written by engineers
- Be aware of opinions in the field around automation
We believe that testing should be more than checkboxes, test plans and writing endless integration tests. We're looking for someone who is curious, passionate and values experimentation and continuous learning.
You will lead the testing function at Zappi which currently consists of 5 testers supporting 10 teams (expected to double in 12 months). You will represent testing as an equal partner in Engineering and you will use that voice to advocate for changes to improve testing at Zappi.
You will also take responsibility for your team's growth, learning and career progression. We believe great teams make great individuals, and we want to make this a reality for testers at Zappi.
The heart of the challenge is to elevate testing to be the best that it can be; to create an environment where testers can do their most valuable work. You will have the complete support of Engineering leadership to make this happen.Requirements
- We're not sure that qualifications or certifications make great testers - we are looking for people that can demonstrate experience that suggests a good fit for the role
- You should be able to demonstrate that you know the field of testing, its practices and the different perspectives within the field with at least 4 years of experience as a tester
- You have experience with leading a team or can demonstrate that you have the right approach to leadership with at least 2 years experience leading a test/QA team
- Competitive pay scales that are benchmarked annually - this is not something we just say in job descriptions. You shouldn't have to leave to earn what you're worth
- Tailored personal development through training allowances (for courses, conferences, etc), coaching, mentorship and career frameworks
- Unlimited holidays - we encourage people to take plenty of leave
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote (unless otherwise specified)
- Thoughtfully designed offices to support both individual work and collaboration without interrupting others
- Generous hardware budget - get what works for you
- Support setting up your home office, if appropriate (chair + desk, etc)
- Wellbeing benefits such as free yoga and access to trained therapists / counsellors