Vax is the number one, bestselling floorcare brand in the UK. With a rich heritage and growing global position, it is a market leader in floorcare innovation.
Vax has forged its reputation as a brand that focuses on the needs of its customers, with premium products that include the lightest and the most powerful multi-cyclonic vacuum cleaners in the world. The company manages a portfolio of other brands, extending its influence over a wide consumer value proposition.
As part of the largest and fastest growing global floorcare group TTI, Vax benefits from a highly agile and dynamic production process and 24-hour product development. Over 300 skilled engineers in China, US and Europe work to create the world's most extensive and advanced floorcare range using patented technologies. With iconic brands that include Hoover, Dirt Devil and Vax, the TTI floorcare group leads the world in innovation and design.
The Product Design Engineer will develop expertise in key NPD areas and contribute across project teams whilst providing support within a skilled and agile team to deliver technical investigation, project planning, resourcing and feasibility work. Responsible for developing designs with clear achievable critical to quality characteristics, with visual brand language and colour, material and finish and to drive brand equity with high levels of usability and with aggressive cost to maximise margin.
The Product Design Engineer will ensure that compliance needs are met at all times and will industrialise with OEM partners and in-house production factories in Asia. The job holder will also support Quality through prototype production to manufacturing production and on post launch issues, whilst ensuring key development documents are implemented via data management system.
- Robust Creo CAD modelling - Part and assembly detail design
- Design for manufacture, assembly, compliance, storage and transportation, usability and servicing
- Prototyping and development testing
- Engineering project management - Defining own work packages, input to entire development cycle, day to day communication and PPTs, delivery to milestones, completing EBS, supporting PPS and MPs
- To liaise with cross functional teams on technical issues in UK, US and China
- Frequent travel to China required
- To lead design reviews and to complete actions
- New product on-time in-full on-cost delivery to project parameters nf Product Design Specification
- To minimise outstanding issues after Production Engineering Builds
- Must be competent PTC Creo CAD user (Part, Assemblies and Drawing)
- Design for Plastic Injection Moulding
- Ability to design for Assembly and Manufacture
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment with suppliers in the Far East
- Systems utilised in complex customer appliances
- Ability to solve complex technical issues
- Competent in Product Design activities throughout projects
- Able to identify problems and recommend solutions based on sound principles and judgement, confirms approach with their manager
- Great organisational skills
- IT Literate, including MS office packages
- Ability and confidence to present to individuals of different levels
- 2+ years' experience within a similar role
- Graduate in a relevant Mechanical, Product or Industrial design discipline
Travel Requirements2-3 trips annually to Asia 1-2 weeks at a time.Company Benefits
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (option to further buy and/or sell holiday)
- 5% Employer Pension
- Company bonus scheme
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental plan
- Critical Illness
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Plus, lots of other flexible great benefits!