Why Cello Health Communications?
Cello Health Communications is a vibrant healthcare communications agency with a global client base, offering superb prospects. Our vision - to make a sustainable and beneficial change for patients, health services and clients - guides everything we do. We are committed to the well-being and development of our people, providing the opportunity to work across a variety of innovative and creative projects with the support of a talented and friendly team.
Due to continued agency growth, we are now recruiting for experienced medical writers at multiple levels to join the medical affairs division of Cello Health Communications. As members of the scientific team, the ideal candidates will have the opportunity to shape the roles to fit their strengths and be instrumental in the ongoing development and growth of the division. If leading a team to further success is what drives you, then we can certainly provide opportunities beyond a standard medical writing role.
We recognize and value the differences in our employees and put a strong emphasis on creating opportunities for advancement that complement and develop strengths and further careers. As part of the Cello Health group, we are able to offers the opportunity to collaborate across different businesses, and we have offered secondments across divisions where there has been specific interest to learn more about our business.Responsibilities
- Able to produce high quality content for a diverse range of medical communications projects (e.g. extended outlines, manuscript first full drafts, symposia, advisory boards, training programmes, detail aids), demonstrating excellent understanding of the science and data behind client messaging and strategy
- Able to develop content with minimal supervision, within budget and on time
- Able to use client approval systems as required
- Keeps abreast of new developments within assigned therapy area(s) and the field of medical communications and transfers this knowledge to project teams and external clients, where appropriate
- Able to present work to the client as part of a project call where required
- Identifies and shares new business opportunities across ONE COMMS
- Attends and reports on conferences and external meetings, as required
- Completes sections of proposal without support and able to present/ pitch those sections
- Shows confidence when talking about the offerings of Cello Health
- Accountable for day to day client communication and relationships relevant to written work
- Proactively communicates with clients and internal project teams to identify and assist in managing expectations and foreseeing issues, knowing when to defer to others
We're looking for brilliant individuals who demonstrate an excellent scientific understanding, an ability to tell a scientific story that resonates with the target audience, a passion for communications and outstanding writing skills.
Ideal candidates will have a precise attention to detail and thrive on working at pace, whilst being able to effortlessly manage different priorities.Requirements
- Experience as a medical writer in a healthcare communications agency environment or similar.
- Outstanding writing, editing and communication skills and excellent command of the English language
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar therapy areas
- Exceptional attention to detail in relation to both scientific content and editorial standards
- A life science graduate (preferably a PhD)
- Initiative and a high level of independence
- Ability to adapt writing style to different materials and target audiences
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience of referencing software and database searching preferable
- Adept at communicating clearly and collaborating with colleagues
- Highly organised and methodical
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (+ your birthday off!)
- Private Healthcare
- Life insurance and income protection
- Cycle to work scheme, rail ticket season loan