SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.Job DescriptionJob Title:
Engineer Surveyor (Lifting)Job Type:
40 per weekJob Location:
As an Engineer Surveyor, you'll receive an attractive renumeration package including competitive base salary (depending on experience), a 10
% performance bonus, company car, private health cover after 1 years' service
, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As Engineer Surveyor, you shall deliver Statutory examinations under SGS's ISO1720 accredited Lifting, Machinery and Working at height examination process's in support of our customers statutory compliance at locations as within your allocated regional area. You will
You shall support the Lead Engineer and Operational Management Team in ensuring that required targets (QHSE and Operational) are achieved.
You shall act as a competent person on behalf of SGS to examine equipment in an impartial, correct and accurate manor and issue compliant certification accordingly.Key Accountabilities;
- Undertake statutory examinations as required so that customers' needs are met in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain competence and understanding of the discipline so associated
- Ensure all industry best practices and recommendations to which SGS subscribe (Safed) are met.
- At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues, clients and the general public in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company's Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with SGS UK's Equality & Diversity policy.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
Education: ONC / HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline supported by professional membership (Incorporated Engineer preferred)
Training : Trained in a relevant engineering discipline with a recognised and documented engineering apprenticeship. Further trade based training relevant to the the position.
Technical knowledge: Suitable to make professional judgements on the range of safety related problems likely to arise from the accredited scope of activities.The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- HND in a relevant engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working for a TYPE A inspection body
- A member of a SAFed member IB delivering similar services under ISO17020
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days