Are you an accounting technician looking for your next role? We're recruiting an Accounts Semi Senior to join the Business Services department in our Weymouth office. We are open to speaking to candidates who are interested in full or part-time hours.
As a firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, we provide high-quality advice to over 5000 local and national businesses and individuals. Our values motivate our people to help businesses and individuals achieve their objectives:
- Through creativity, innovative thinking allows us to explore solutions;
- Excellence in Team work & Communication enables tailored solutions to be made;
- Investment in training & development, creating opportunities to develop and progress; And a Commitment to deliver results.
We are proud that we are a Best Companies 2021 "Outstanding Place to Work", 3rd best accountancy firm to work for in the UK, and are 35th in the Top 50 Best Companies to work for in the South West. Our people are vital to our continued success and we are always looking to train and develop individuals who could be our future partners and leaders. A number of our senior managers and partners started their career as trainees with us and have stayed with us throughout their working life.
As an Accounts Semi Senior you will prepare accounts for Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships whilst completing Tax and VAT returns. This will include resolving queries, contacting clients, and identifying appropriate issues to raise with senior members of the team.
The successful candidate will have the following essential experience, skills and attributes:
- AAT or ATT Level 4 as a minimum, however would also consider qualified by experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years practice experience
- Passionate about great service in order to provide a high level of client care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You may also have the following desirable experience, skills and attributes:
- Positive team player with a "can do" attitude
- Detail conscious and conscientious
- Good experience of software packages including Xero and Digita
- Excellent IT skills
In return we offer a fantastic place to work in the South West with a competitive and flexible benefits package. Salary is competitive based on skills, qualifications, and experience.