- (WordPress, PHP, React)
- Web Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
A leading Fintech SAAS co are on a mission to make it easier to run a small business. They believe that freelancers, contractors and small business owners should have an easier way to manage their business finances. A solution that frees them from the drudgery of financial admin, saves them time and helps them stay organised with the business insights and tools they need to succeed.
They are a Venture-backed fin-tech and an early stage startup with ambitious plans for growth. They are the leading UK business current account that's helped over 34,000 self-employed people save time and money with automatic accounting, tax estimates and instant invoicing. Overview of the Role
- Looking for an experienced (>= 4 years) and passionate WordPress Developer to join their Marketing team to build and maintain their marketing website.
- Working alongside their Product and Design teams you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating and maintaining WordPress themes and blocks. You are a self-starter and will be our in-house WordPress expert.
- They are expecting you to have a strong understanding of the latest industry trends and content management systems, including WordPress blocks and the block based editor (Gutenberg).
Who You Are
- Implementing new features, tools, functionality and layouts
- Establishing and guiding the website's architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability whilst managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and WordPress blocks
- Working with the product team to interface the website with parts of their product
- Working with the marketing team to track attribution and conversions
They are a sociable bunch, and they enjoy each other's company. So it's important that you're a great fit for their company culture. These are just some of the things that they look for.
Required Skills & Experiences
- Take pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Create a positive work environment
- Strive to experiment, learn and not fear failure
- Embrace new ideas and change
- Strive to understand customers' problems and solve them
- Possess a healthy amount of curiosity for the unknown with a growth mindset
- Take ownership of your work and deliver results
- Celebrate their wins
What will you get in return?
- A WordPress whiz who is familiar with the latest features of the platform (we're using the block based editor Gutenberg)
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working, responsive HTML web pages
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient in the use of Git
- Strong capabilities in PHP back-end development and MySQL databases
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the WordPress VIP hosting platform is desirable
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of ACF Pro plugin
- They will guarantee that you'll be constantly challenged whilst being fully supported by a great team who you can learn from
- Exposure to every area of the business. You'll be encouraged to get involved and make an impact on how they work
- A transparent and open company culture where employees are consulted on company decisions and direction
- Competitive salary
- Share options after 6 months probation
- 8% pension scheme
- 32 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Flexible remote working policy (currently fully remote)