About Social Chain
This is Social Chain. A global social media agency. We deliver tangible results that have a long term transformational impact on progressive brands. We use the latest technology to drive strategy, the right minds to inspire creativity, and over 386 million people to maximise distribution. We currently have offices in Manchester, London, New York and Berlin. Interested in joining us? We're always looking out for the next generation of talent to join our expansive team of creatives. We're not looking for generic CVs, we're looking for originality and a proven passion that grabs our attention.Job Description
As a Social Strategist at Social Chain you will be responsible for inspiring both our client and project teams working closely with the Strategy Director to build social media strategies and concept creative solutions that result in innovative social-first campaigns.
The role of the Social Strategist is to understand the client's business problem, consumer insights, digital opportunities and the broader cultural landscape in order to distill strategic recommendations that meet client needs and inspire creative teams. In this role you will be a visionary force, a natural storyteller and a trusted partner for clients. You'll also be a source of cultural relevance, bringing new ideas and the latest tech and culture into briefs.
You will lead this process in close collaboration with our creative, new business, data and accounts teams, overseen by our Strategy Director. Given we're a lean, agile team you'll simultaneously be both second in command and the most junior strategist - you'll need to be someone who can handle a wide range of tasks, both big and small. You'll be someone with an overriding natural curiosity and desire to not simply follow the status quo. Our focus is the quality of the output, so there's no room for ego.What You Will Be Working On
- Dissecting client briefs to identify the root problem the agency needs to address
- Collaborating with our data team to undertake a variety of consumer, culture and competitor research approaches including surveys, depth studies and using tools such as Socialbakers and GWI.
- Staying up to date and educating the wider team on new consumer behaviors, cultural trends, and platform changes.
- Working with the New Business and Creative team in the creation of pitches, through research, strategic positioning, and creative briefing.
- Connect on a regular basis with our Strategy Director to share progress on key initiatives and projects.
- Build social media audits to identify key opportunities clients can leverage. Create social strategy indicating tactics rooted in insight to achieve the client's objectives and long-term goals.
- Work closely with content managers and creative teams to optimize social content based on learnings from research and reporting.
- Work and train junior team members through reporting practices and overall strategic tasks.
- You will have solid strategic and problem solving capabilities
- You will have the ability to fuse creative and analytical thinking, simplifying the complex to give clarity of thought
- A natural storyteller. Confident, coherent and compelling with both written and verbal communication.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and how brands can best leverage them to reach their marketing and business goals.
- Bring passion, desire and enthusiasm not just to develop great strategic thinking, but a desire to help others turn it into award-winning execution across social media.
- Knowledge of social media reporting and insight tools such as Socialbakers, Netbase, Brandwatch, Sprinklr and GlobalWebIndex
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where you will be working on various clients at once.
- Unlimited Holidays
- Fully flexible working
- Weekly yoga & meditation classes
- Dedicated in house life and development coach
- Employee assistance program
- MacBook laptop
- Employer Pension Scheme (as of April 2021, Social Chain's contribution will be 5%)
- Office Dogs
- 'Choose your own benefits' package