We're on a mission to build the world's greatest social bank. We believe that banking needs to change for the better. When money is used correctly, it can transform our daily lives and positively impact the planet.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company's mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people's lives for good.What You'll Do
As a Senior you will
- Implement new features and deploy them using our Continuous Delivery approach
- Contribute to our product vision
- Work in an Agile cross-functional team of a Product Manager, Product Designer and Developers (We use a blend of processes that work for us inc. SCRUM, Kanban and Pair Programming)
- Be involved in the end to end cycle of building our product
- Champion quality code while being pragmatic
- Work in an inclusive, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over your job title
You'll get to work with a variety of new and interesting technology
- Mentor, coach and pair with more junior Developers
- Take the lead on projects from design through to implementation
- Improve our overall approach to product development by bringing forward innovative ideas to the team
We mainly use the following tools and technology but you don't need to have experience with all of them. Many of us didn't when we joined! Our focus is always on finding the right technology for the job, if you're willing to learn, we are interested in speaking with you.
- Clojure to write our backend microservices (please apply if you have experience with any Functional Programming language)
- React Native and Redux for our mobile applications
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Docker to run our services
- Terraform for our infrastructure provisioning and deployment
We regularly contribute to Open Source libraries and encourage our Developers to suggest new technology that can add value to building a bank.RequirementsYou should apply if
- You have previous experience with or are excited about Functional Programming
- You've worked in a cross-functional Agile team
- You'd like to be part of a team that does Pairing Programming and Test Driven Development
- You have experience working with microservices
- You want to work in a product focused team that thinks about customers and user behaviour and builds sublime experiences for them
- You have experience deploying to cloud based infrastructure like AWS or similar
- You want to deliver a product using the principles of Hypothesis Driven Development
- You'd like to develop with mobile first design principles and build cross-platform Android and iOS applications with React Native
- You'd like to be part of building an inclusive and diverse culture in which everyone can succeed.
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is
- 45 minute hangout with one of our Developers
- 2-3 hour face to face with our team including a pair programming, system design and values / ways of working interview
- 15-30 minutes with one of our Founders / Exec team
Please let us know if you have any special requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.BenefitsWhat we offer
- Options in our company scheme
- Personal Health days
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). In addition you'll also get your birthday on us.
- Access to our workplace pension with a 3% employer contribution
- All the equipment you need to work effectively, usually a Macbook Pro as standard.
- Access to a modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym.
- High degree of autonomy with support from an experienced and supportive team
- Room to grow and excel within a fast paced, high grow growing start-up
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the whats most broken about the industry
Currently the majority of Kroo is working fully remotely. Working remotely has changed many of our lives for the better and we are behind continuing the benefits of flexibility once restrictions are lifted. At the same time, we have a beautiful office in Holborn, which, when used for the right things, can be a useful and powerful tool. Currently we see a blended model of working 1-2 days a week in the office, so candidates that are able to travel in occasionally are the best fit for our current working practices.Diversity
We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgement or prejudice. These principles apply to all, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, religion, appearance, political beliefs, educational background, class, and position or tenure within the company. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are central to the direction we take at Kroo, and are considered across all aspects of our business.