Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
The role sits within the European Natural Resources (ENR) sales team driving renewals, increasing cross-sell opportunities and (critically) developing new customer sales; measured by sales results and contribution to the new business target.
Based in London, you will have responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships within our European client base, increasing penetration at the senior level and managing complex relationships across several different businesses and products as well as helping more new customers to choose Wood Mackenzie.
We are looking for a self-starter, who will build on our existing relationships, identifying opportunities to solve more client problems with Wood Mackenzie solutions. You will thrive in the sales process - from prospecting to closing deals - to the challenges of winning new and cross-sell business and establishing new relationships within your territory.
The successful candidate needs to be highly results-driven and demonstrate strong commercial acumen with excellent pro-active new business development skills, as well as the rigorous application of process - including active use of the Salesforce CRM system. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong value-based selling skills.
- This role is vital to the development of all accounts across the European client base and a number of disciplines are required to ensure its success, focussing on:
- Time management with a focus on concurrently managing multiple sales opportunities
- Client-centric thinking, identifying, understanding and collaborating to solve client problems
- Driving, planning and executing a new client sales strategy for your territory
- Strong product knowledge across all product portfolios
- Customer focus - product highlights, training documents and upcoming webinars
- Understanding and utilising client usage statistics and client training & engagement requirements
- Awareness of marketing support and tools for the customer
- Delivering renewals in a timely manner - ensuring quarterly targets are hit
- Account growth - driving upsell and cross-sell opportunities within the set client base
- Territory growth - driving more companies to choose Woodmac for their natural resources intelligence
- Smart sales acumen demonstrated via pipeline management, sales qualification and CRM accuracy
Key performance indicators
- Delivering on-time renewals and meeting quarterly targets
- Adherence to annual renewal plan for each account
- Smart and consistent time management - ensuring new business pipeline is maintained as well as renewal process adhered to
- Support and follow up on all relevant sales plays/new business development initiatives
- Collaborative and client-centric behaviours
Knowledge & Experience
- Have at least three years' experience in an Account Manager or Territory Manager role
- Have a proven commercial track record in increasing revenue from existing and new clients, ideally in a subscription based business model.
- Be a self-motivated and energetic individual, a value-based negotiator and results-oriented
- Demonstrate good judgment in resource utilisation and optimisation
- Be passionate about growing the business
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in personal development & growth and be receptive to coaching
- Have an intellectual curiosity about how data and analysis solves critical business issues
- Show effective organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload effectively
- Experience in using CRM systems such as Salesforce
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of the natural resources sector and the use of independent intelligence for strategic and operational business critical decisions. They will have significant experience selling to these communities and ideally already have relationships with target firms and an understanding of how they consume research. The candidate will have a proven ability to develop relationships and be comfortable with challenging, yet achievable, sales targets. Fluency in one or more European languages will be advantageous.Additional Information
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice