Junior Test DeveloperReporting to:
Basingstoke (Office Based)
We are looking for a Junior Test Developer to join Vision RT, a rapidly growing, global radiotherapy medical device manufacturer. Radiotherapy is used to treat a wide range of cancer patients. Accurate positioning of the patient before each treatment and the monitoring of any motion throughout radiation delivery are required to ensure that the planned dose is correctly targeted on the tumour, sparing healthy tissue. The company develops revolutionary, market leading solutions to the problems of patient safety, setup and motion management.
We are a friendly team working in a vibrant culture on a high-tech product. We believe (and clinical evidence backs this up) that we are able to have a real impact on the lives of cancer patients and we feel a shared sense of purpose in making sure that our product is used in every centre, for every fraction, for every patient. We are looking to recruit a Junior Test Developer who will share our passion, work with integrity in an open and honest way, and deliver results that will help drive our success and adoption of our solutions into routine use everywhere that radiotherapy is delivered.
Vision RT are a part of the Danish company William Demant Holding,
one of the largest hearing healthcare companies in the world with revenue of more than EUR 1,6 billion and over 12,000 employees from all over the world.About the Role:
Working as part of the London scrum team you'll be undertaking comprehensive testing of our radiotherapy systems, integrating hardware, software and firmware to ensure that new and updated products achieve agreed performance and quality standards.
You will be involved in building, maintaining, creating and executing manual and automated system tests, finding problems and also reviewing code. This is a hybrid role where you'll learn to work with developers, project managers, and other stakeholders through the development and testing cycle. You will have the opportunity to test and support existing product lines through the introduction of new features and to provide valuable feedback on these, and also to actively shape the test strategy as we increase the use of automated test tools and other Agile methodologies.
You'll need to be a keen learner with a logical and scrupulous approach and good attention to detail, an open and collaborative attitude, and good problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering/Technical/Mathematics/Science disciplines
- Some knowledge of a programming or scripting language (e.g. C#, C++, Python)
- Innovative and analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills with motivation, enthusiasm, and commitment to successfully engage with team members
- The ability to tackle complex problems and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office Suite
This is a junior role and we will provide training but we'd also like to hear if you have any experience of the following:
- Software development lifecycle, especially in an Agile environment
- Experience of working with hardware such as cameras, workstations, etc
- Any experience of automated/manual software testing execution and creation would be advantageous, particularly with test automation tools (e.g. SpecFlow, WinAppDriver, FlaUI)
- Good understanding of computer Networking and Operating systems
This would suit a graduate looking for their 1st position in industry, or a junior with a year or two under their belt.Benefits:
- Company pension scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym membership contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme (Based on Company & individual performance)
- Onsite free parking
- Flexible working hours