This role represents an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the development of Oracle's public cloud offering (a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment) that is going from strength to strength and taking market share away from other public cloud providers.
In this role you would be designing and building software to solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and would be expected to think about the systems holistically, contributing to design decisions and discussions around the architecture and overall technical direction. The ultimate aim is to create the best in class cloud product that Oracle clients/potential clients will love.
We currently have a number of roles available for the OCI Data & AI services. We are addressing exciting challenges at the intersection of data and AI and cutting-edge infrastructure. We are assembling a team of energetic, customer-focused site reliability engineers to build a world-first and best in class customer experience blending SRE, DevOps, incident commander, and NOC engineer disciplines. You'll be part of a team that learns deeply how our cloud platform works so you can be the bridge between Engineering and Operations. This role is integral to the success of our customer relationships and is critical to the success of the platform. This role will support Oracle's UK Government customers.
Due to security clearance requirements, only British nationals can be considered for this vacancy.
· Contribute to Design Decisions, and OCI optimization and monitoring
· Deploy code and execute other changes within the region, with a strong focus on automation - including machine learning
· Operate and perform maintenance for services running within the region
· Troubleshoot operational issues on behalf of service teams
· Be the on-call point of escalation for incidents and other issues arising within the region
· Ensure timely resolution and documentation of incidents through bridges
· Ensure thorough documentation of incidents through company‑standard reporting methods
· Monitor the region for faults, alarms, and other errors
· Inform internal teams as required through processes and procedures
· Ability to maintain UK Government Security Check level clearance
· Bachelor's degree, in Computer Science, MIS or another technical field, or equivalent work experience
· Expert with various Linux operating systems
· Proven experience with CI/CD and various tooling around this (K8s, Jenkins, GoCD, CircleCI etc.)
· Passionate about driving automation, ensuring everything we do is repeatable, reliable and performant
· Experience with orchestration/automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Chef, etc.)
· Deep knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc.)
· Proven experience with version control services (Git, SVN etc.), and with this a solid understanding of branching strategies in line with CI/CD, as well as experience with code review
· Experience making changes within change management procedures, with a goal to automate where possible, and therefore reducing the burden of Change Management
· Experience participating in or running incident bridges and Post Incident Reviews
· Experience troubleshooting complex systems, software and/or networking issues
· Customer obsession, passion for delighting customers
· Strong understanding, and proven experience working with cloud concepts and platforms, including the support of Cloud Services (AWS, GCE, Azure, OpenStack, vSphere etc.)
· Experience in cloud technical support, operations, NOC or similar is preferred Experience
· Comprehensive scripting ability using at least two of Python, Golang, HCL, bash, YAML, XML etc.
· Experienced in developing and supporting API's and using common API libraries.
· Deep security expertise at a systems, networks and applications level, including creating certificates. Experience with penetration testing is advantageous
· Experience with building multiple environments, from functional, integration and production environments.
· A deep understanding of the various testing requirements in order to transition code from development to production is advantageous
· Experience with Big data technologies is advantageous
· Proven experience working with SQL and NoSQL services (Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, HBase, MongoDB, Redis etc.)
· Experience with caching within production environments is advantageous
· Experience working with government customers is preferred, but not required
· Proven ability to quickly learn new technical domains and then train others
· Great verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well within a team (excellent collaboration and communication skills), as well as being able to work independently.
At Oracle, we don't just value differences-we celebrate them. We're committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.