For more than 20 years, Sword have worked with organisations throughout the UK, providing consultancy and business technology solutions, tailored specifically around key business challenges and requirements.
We offer end-to-end, IT, IM and consultancy services that are focussed around supporting organisations to work more efficiently and effectively.
Our goal is to deliver measurable business benefits to organisations through the design, implementation and deployment of business technology solutions.
Our strategy is always formed by our customers, enabling us to use a wide range of business technology to deliver real, sustainable results. About Group IT...
The Group IT team at Sword are responsible for the smooth running of all of the Group's internal IT platforms - maintaining core security and systems availability, maximising benefits from existing technology investments, and undertaking a program of ongoing systems improvements to keep the IT systems that underpin Sword's business safe and efficient. Here's what your new role will look like...
You will join a small, focussed team, reporting to the Group IT Director.
A normal week will see you support a range of activities, including dealing with 3rd line support escalations from the Sword service desk and BAU infrastructure teams, planning and rolling out updates to core systems, and working on a diverse set of set of ongoing improvement projects.
There will be opportunities for you to refine and build new skills on the job, with the team expected to support one another across the range of technologies being leveraged.
The role is entirely internal, with no external customer-facing component. Skills Required...
You must be able to demonstrate significant experience delivering operational IT support and projects within a medium-sized organisation, including a range of operational skills drawn from across the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows platforms (Server/Endpoint management, Intune, SCCM, DNS, Security features, Authentication, PKI infrastructure etc).
- Active Directory (On premise and Azure AD, SAML, Authentication, Conditional Access, RBAC, PIM).
- Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online, Teams, Cloud Telephony, E5 technologies including ATP based endpoint security)
- Azure Cloud Platform (IAAS/PAAS servers and storage, Azure Backup, ARM template automation, Azure Load balancers, Application Gateway).
- Networking (operational knowledge of LAN/WAN config and design, Routing, Switching, Firewalls - ideally Fortinet).
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- Enterprise Storage (ideally NetApp)
- SIEM systems (ideally Azure Sentinel).
- Systems Monitoring and Alerting (PRTG, Azure Monitoring, SCCM).
- Centralised Backup (ideally Commvault / Azure Backup)
- Supporting Governance / Compliance (ISO 9001/27001, NIST, Cyber Essentials etc)
Evidence of the following qualifications or equivalent on-the-job experience would be beneficial:
Working at Sword...
- Relevant Microsoft Platform certifications (Windows Server/Endpoint, Security, Messaging etc).
- Microsoft Azure and/or Office 365 Administrator/Architect certifications
- Networking certifications (CCNA or equivalents)
- VMware Administrator certifications
You will be primarily Office based (lifting of COVID restrictions permitting) though some level of flexible / hybrid working is certainly possible once you are established and settled in.
The role will generally follow normal business hours, though flexibility to occasionally undertake work deemed as potentially disruptive to Sword users out of hours or on weekends should be anticipated.
All members of the Sword team are supported and encouraged to develop their career with Sword through our personal training and development plan alongside a competitive salary, pension and healthcare package.