Zenith Bank (UK) Limited (ZUK) is a subsidiary of Zenith Bank PLC, one of the top banks in Nigeria. The bank was set up with a clear strategy to leverage trade and investment flows between Nigeria and Europe, by providing intermediary banking services and facilities for trade-related working capital and capital expenditure.
Zenith Bank recognizes the importance of leveraging a highly skilled workforce to achieve its strategic and operational goals. The bank is committed to providing an environment that is conducive for effective performance by availing all staff the necessary learning opportunity. We value the well-being of our staff and we encourage them to strike a balance between their work and personal lives, thereby creating a healthy atmosphere for personal development and career success.
With the introduction of new services here in the UK and our unparalleled knowledge of business with Africa, our 5 year strategy ensures "Controlled Growth" as we aim to become the Bank of choice for businesses wishing to transact in the African continent.Role Overview
The SQL Report Writer's primary responsibility is to create new and modify already existing reports that will be used by internal staff and external third parties, including the regulators and auditors.
This person will work closely with other IT Staff and other departments in the organization on creating reports to meet the growing requirements of the bank. This role will require someone with experience creating reports and working with data out of an Oracle based T24 banking application.Role Responsibilities
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Produce accurate reports from the T24 application to meet business requirements
- Re-write already existing reports and make them fit-for-purpose
- Validate data reports for accuracy and validity
- Build, maintain and support various departmental, financial, and regulatory reports
- Analyse existing report library for opportunities to combine and condense current reports
- Perform query tuning and analysis
- A minimum of 5 years T24 report writing experience
- Regulatory and financial reporting experience
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools, such as Temenos Insight and Analytic
- Very good knowledge of Oracle Database system
- Good understanding of T24 data structure
- Excellent SQL scripting skills
- Very good understanding of software technologies such as JBase, J2EE, Java, etc
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows server technologies
- Financial investment and banking experience an advantage
- Ability to query Oracle databases and data warehouses to deliver accurate information
- Good Communication skills (both verbal and written)
This is a contract position.