Kïdo are a network of innovative international nurseries. We take elements from Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner, and combine them with beautiful learning spaces and 21st century technology. Our customised experiences are the most effective way for children to develop their cognitive, social, physical and creative abilities. Our vision is to create a truly modern Early Years environment that meets the needs of both children and their parents. We are looking for a fun and passionate Nursery Nurse to join our school in Camden.About The Nursery
The building that houses our Camden school has a very interesting history. It was formerly a Spiritualist Temple, and its foundation stones were put in place by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. We've taken great care to preserve many of its original features, while creating a fantastic school. It's mezzanine floor is devoted to preschoolers, while the ground floor contains two toddler rooms and a dedicated babies room. Its large stained-glass windows provide plenty of light and its Montessori-inspired classrooms are airy, bright and calming. The school is also just a five-minute walk away from a large public park and many unique resturants to enjoy your lunch break.About The Team
At Kido Camden we support and help with the learning journey together. We strive to provide a calm, safe and fun environment with a team that consists of apprentices, qualified and those developing their professional development through further qualifications. The rooms work individually as bubbles with our own bank staff to support however we enjoy coming together to work, grow and develop as a team. What is the role?
As an early years practitioner you will be responsible for ensuring that Kïdo are always providing the highest quality of care and education and the children have a safe and secure learning environment. You will work continuously to make sure that you and your team recognise and deliver the needs for every student. You will share responsibility for planning, organising, and delivering the activities and learning experiences for the children in your room. You will create an anti-discriminatory and inclusive environment that supports the team to facilitate the development of children and enable them to reach their full potential. You will take responsibility for working together and translating learning outcomes into daily classroom practise for you and your team. You will work closely with the managers in the nursery to ensure that Kïdo are delivering the absolute best that they can and to give recommendations about how they can improve their offerings and to always push the boundaries of excellence.Requirements
- A full and relevant level 2 qualification, or above.
- Level 2 qualifications in English and Mathematics including functional skills. (If the qualification was achieved after September 2014)
- Salary £19,000-£22,000 experience dependant.
- Opportunity for excellent long-term career development in a fast-growing international company
- You get 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day, and a present from us available through Perkbox, worth up to £25!
- Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries (Spaces only available for children over 2 at the moment)
- Annual performance related pay reviews
- Company awards and celebrations twice a year.
- Access to a health care cash plan.
- £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Kïdo
- Perkbox account with access to many discounts and offers, including a free drink at Nero once a week, or a snack from Greggs!
- Access to our 24/7 employee assistance programme including free structured confidential counselling sessions.
- Free membership to Boxx online workout and wellness classes
- Free access to Headspace or Aura, mindfulness meditation apps.
- Kido is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. Kido will ensure that our recruitment procedures meet the standards set out in our safer recruitment policy (available upon request) and our selection criteria prevents unsuitable people from gaining access to children. As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care successful candidates are expected to undergo pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS and barred lists check.
- All applications will be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010