Who We Are
We are Fiit. The UK's #1 rated fitness app.
We're looking for team players to help us achieve our mission - to remove every barrier to exercise, and create the most exciting, effective workouts on the planet.
We're a London-based startup. We also just launched in the US and we're looking at the next stage of our journey. We're building a new team and shifting focus to make our experience even more interactive and connected.
Join and help take us to the next level.What do we want?
We're looking for a Technical Product & Data Analyst who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will provide the data insights to help craft the development of the Fiit product through an exciting period of change and identify opportunities for improvement. The perfect candidate will have experience in data analytics, with role responsibilities including data insights, model developments / updates, bug fixes, product support and manual task automation. This is a business critical role that will help keep us growing quickly.
Reporting to the Director of Product, you will be joining a dynamic and fast paced team, working cross-functionally to report on and quantify product initiatives that help set strategic direction. This is a 1 year fixed-term contract with the potential for the role to be made permanent.What does that look like?
RequirementsWhat you'll need
- Providing analytical insight to the team by fulfilling reporting requests and pulling data from our database (PostgreSQL and BigQuery)
- Liaising with the various business functions to investigate bugs, quantify impact and find solutions to clean / correct data mismatches
- Presenting analysis to technical and non-technical internal audiences as well as responding to ad hoc questions
- Owning the various manual processes we have in the business, whilst identifying and implementing automation solutions
- Supporting marketing and fitness initiatives through the deployment of in-app content such as blogs, images and training plans
- Assisting the product team to help define user requirements, informed by user research and data
- At least 2 years experience in a similar, technically focussed data/product role, preferably in a fast paced start-up environment
- Strong SQL skills - able to write queries and manipulate, transform and analyse large volumes of data with a high level of accuracy
- Advanced Excel skills (comfortable with LookUp functions, Pivot tables etc)
- Strong technical skills (you do not to be a developer but you must be confident with understanding basic code and writing basic script to help with manual tasks - ideally in JS and/or Python)
- Excellent at presenting data visually and using BI tools (experience with Metabase preferable)
You Will Be Someone Who Is
- Basic understanding of how APIs work and able to make API requests to various services (including ours)
- Experience of at least some other common tools - Google Analytics, WordPress, Segment, Iterable (marketing automation tool)
- Experience with survey formulaire such as google form, typeform and their integration with other third party tools.
Do your values resonate with ours?
- Highly autonomous, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A problem solver by nature, with a methodical and analytical approach
- An ability to efficiently manage resources and track multiple projects simultaneously whilst working under pressure
- Have an eye for detail and determination to see something right through to the end - you value getting things right
- A team player who enjoys discussions and can challenge viewpoints through the use of data and logic, in a constructive and collaborative way
- A curious mind with a passion for learning and a keen interest in health and fitness
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines
- Great communication skills, with the confidence to engage with stakeholders across the business, including senior management
- Everyone at Fiit is a leader - whatever your level, you'll have a passion for the mission and understand how you can impact it
- You always want to improve - every day is an opportunity to learn, you're curious, and you embrace and give constructive feedback
- Having the grit to deliver is important in startup life - you'll enjoy the rollercoaster, execute at pace and be accountable
- The team is greater than the individual - we include everyone, value diversity and communicate openly
Check out our Culture Book to find out what life at Fiit is like!BenefitsWhat's in it for you?
- A competitive salary, performance related bonus & pension
- A cool office environment near the Olympic Park in Stratford
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays, plus an additional 4 half-days as 'Fiit Bank holidays' and 3 community days you can take to give something back
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private health and dental insurance
- 3 budgets that you control around professional development, health/wellness and hobbies
- Wellbeing support providing a range of benefits including free eye tests, flu jabs, access to coaching and counselling and many more
- Cycle to work and Buzzbike schemes
- Free Fiit Tracker and subscription
- The opportunity to make a difference to people's lives - see for yourself the impact we're having by reading some of the comments in our Facebook Community group
Fiit is based at the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within easy reach of two major stations (Hackney Wick and Stratford), it has a free shuttle bus and is well connected to cycle paths.
While the pandemic is still ongoing, the team is working remotely but the vision is to combine office days and work from home days to offer flexibility and embrace the benefits of home working and face to face interaction.