Data Engineering Manager ( Python / AWS / SQL )Insurance / AILondon / Remote (hybrid)Salary up to £125k DOEData Engineering Manager ( Python / AWS / SQL )
is required to join a Tech for Good, AI firm who have recently hit Unicorn status.
Their products, developed on an intelligent AI platform, are unmatched by any competitor as they're on a mission to use the latest discoveries in AI to solve real life problems and improve quality of life.
The company have a 5/5 Glassdoor rating and 2021 certificate in "Great place to work": they work with cutting edge technology across AWS, Python, Terraform, Airflow, PostGres and Spark.
This Data Engineering Manager ( Python / AWS / SQL )
role would suit an experienced Data professional with 2+ years of management of a small data team.
It will be 15% hands on and 85% managerial: stakeholder management and developing performance reviews are essential.
Benefits of the Data Engineering Manager ( Python / AWS / SQL
) role include:
- Competitive salary and 6 month salary reviews
- Highly attractive equity in a £1BN company
- Visa sponsorship if required
- Flexi working (2 days WFH)
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA private healthcare
- L&D and training budget, unlimited Coursera subscription
- Competitive maternity and paternity pay
- Regular company socials and events, monthly brunch, lunch and learns
- Central London location
Day to day responsibilities for the Data Engineering Manager ( Python / AWS / SQL )
- Being the go to person for all things data across the company, leading the development of the data platform
- Own the data strategy for storage, versioning and retrieval across the entire company
- Work collaboratively with data scientists to maximize the impact of available data to their algorithms performance
- Architect, build and test data pipeline infrastructure and scripts to extract, transform and load both live customer and historical data in a scalable manner
- Manage the team of data engineers responsible for building their data capabilities across the business
Essential skills for the Data Engineering Manager ( Python / AWS / SQL )
- 2 years proven experience managing/leading a team of data or platform engineers
- Strong python programming and experience with another scripting language
- Commercial experience using various data design patterns and know when/not to use one
- Commercial experience with databases (ideally PostGreSQL), Big Data technologies such as Redshift or Snowflake, distributed file systems such as Hadoop or Parquet and streaming ie Spark
- Experience working in an AWS or similar cloud environment (Google Cloud, Azure, IBM)
- Experience with streaming applications such as Kafka or Spark
- Strong working knowledge of CICD methodologies
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications
- Proactive in your search for new technologies, promoting evolution of their platform
The company have hired over 70 people during the pandemic and made no furlough or redundancies. If you think the above Data Engineering Manager ( Python / AWS / SQL )
role could be for you, please click apply using your updated CV.