At Frontiers we are on a mission to make science open to everyone.
Research is the foundation of modern society and it's thanks to advances in science that we enjoy longer, healthier, and more prosperous lives than ever before in human history. We are an open access technology-based publisher and in the 10+ years of Frontiers we have disrupted the STEM publishing world and are now one of the largest, most-read and most-cited publishers globally.
We are passionate about our mission and we welcome all those who are dynamic, collaborative, courageous and rigorous. Come join us to help make science open - Your Impact Matters!
If you are looking to accelerate your cloud computing career within a dynamic and multicultural company, this role could be for you!
We are seeking an Azure System Administrator who is an enthusiastic team player with great initiative and a get-it-done attitude to join our team. You will contribute to the improvement of our processes and will also collaborate with other teams in development, quality assurance and automation.
Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available for candidates across the UK.
- Manage domains, accounts, servers and their permissions
- Participate in Technical research and development
- Maintain operations best practices for availability, security and integrity
- Provision, install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot
- Windows and Linux VMs
- Cloud services
You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, while juggling several different tasks at the same time. You are familiar with Windows and Linux OS and have proven experience with Azure IaaS. You also have excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Advanced Infrastructure support skills, including Server, Storage, Networking and Security
- Proficient experience with Docker based systems
- Relevant Azure Networking knowledge
- Demonstrated Experience with Azure AD
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good communication skills In English, both written and verbal
The following skills would be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with Powershell
- Familiarity with monitoring systems
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud service providers (AWS, GCP)
What we Offer
With over 35 nationalities across our offices in London, Lausanne, Madrid, Seattle and Beijing, you
can certainly say that we are a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with
teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors and authors from across the globe.
Our Lausanne HQ (designed for us) is spread over 3 floors, including a large canteen with a Foosball
table and a multi-purpose room used for regular free yoga classes. Our other offices are hosted at
WeWork and include communal spaces with coffee bars and activities all week. We are very socially
active and organize lots of fun activities, ranging from happy hours, parties, sports events and much
- 25 days holidays + Office Closure over the Christmas period
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Access to the latest equipment
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- We offer a flexible working framework, and support Remote Working opportunities across the United Kingdom.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.