We are a self-funded, London based startup with a steep growth trajectory. We provide developers and DevOps teams with a self-service cloud-native delivery platform, with which organisations can ship applications quickly, securely and at scale by automating away the complexities of cloud and Kubernetes. With us, our customers, like the UK's Home Office or Bank of England, are harnessing cloud-native technologies, limiting the challenges of infrastructure management and rapidly delivering digital products.
We are on a mission to enable organisations to make cloud and software delivery simple and efficient, whilst having the insights into costs, security and cadence. As a company that holds customers at the heart of everything we do, we are looking for candidates that want to make a real change and support organisations as they move to cloud and use it easily.The Role
As a Solutions Architect, you'll work closely with project teams in a large enterprise customer to help deliver value with Appvia's products and central platform capability. You'll have a good understanding of Cloud Native technologies, the common pitfalls of cloud adoption, and the strategies enabling the customers' transformation.
You will be passionate about customer success, and how technology can enable a customer's business objectives, as well as training developers on Cloud Native technology and ways of working.Responsibilities
- Implementing a cloud and container operating model with projects in a large enterprise customer, covering technology and business transformation.
- Hiring and managing a team of Solution Architects.
- Creating a "Centre of Excellence" within a client to define governance standards and best practices for product teams.
- Work closely with the customer development teams to identify key customer business and technical challenges.
- Representing the customers technical requirements and constraints in relation to the platform tooling to help drive more value back to product teams.
- Building templates and collateral for product teams to reuse in relation to platform tooling.
- Deliver training on how technology empowers product teams, to both technical and non-technical areas of the business.
- Provide expertise to drive out the best possible outcome for the customer in terms of their technical design, patterns and use cases; improving the service quality for the project.
- Produce statements of work or customer success plans, as well as performing implementation duties.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to help shape the product roadmap.
- Provide detailed reviews of ways of working, key deliverables, timelines and operational issues.
- Lead on workshops, speaking events and blog posts about the cloud native challenges for enterprises.
- Experience as a Solutions Engineer / Architect, Technical Account Manager, Pre-sales or similar.
- Experience managing teams of engineers or architects.
- Development experience in Golang, Python or Ruby.
- Experience working with development teams, and understanding of best development practices and ways of working, as well as the common development challenges.
- Hands-on experience of operational constraints and common issues around networking, databases and general cloud and DevOps based pitfalls.
- Thorough understanding of DevOps practices and tools, including but not limited to CI / CD, Docker, Kubernetes and Serverless.
- Ability to assess an organisation's cloud-native adoption progress and help guide them.
- Enabling infrastructure-as-code working practices.
- Working knowledge of version control code best practices, artefacts and deployments.
- Enterprise customer-facing experience.
- Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Methodical approach in identifying the root cause of a problem.
- Ability to prioritise tasks accordingly in relation to customer and business needs.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- 26 Days Holiday including your birthday, plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance
- Career Development
- Enjoy pingpong, pool or simply a coffee or beer when you are in our Barbican based office
Note As some of our customers require Security Clearance, you will need to be eligible, this means you will need
- To have resided in the country for at least 5 years
- Have no criminal records
- Have no financial irregularities
Appvia takes the processing and storage of your data seriously. It will be used by us for the sole purpose of future recruitment. Should you have any questions around this, please email email@example.com