CV Library has been on a technical journey of growth and transformation over the past year, we have started moving from a monolith to microservices, introducing AWS, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, New Relic, to name a few. Our goal is to fully leverage cloud to build the best platform for supporting our service.
Now, we are looking to welcome a DevOps Engineer to join our ambitious team to focus on platform improvements, cloud services, applications and observability. You will support us on continuing this journey, bringing with you experience to implement change, the passion to pro-actively solve complex technical problems and the ability to champion best practice.
This is a significant role at the heart of our production process and team, so we are looking for a DevOps Engineer who understands the mechanics of high-traffic high-availability websites and business support and data services. As such, you will need to be highly skilled with AWS, Linux, Docker, Git and MySQL, to list a few, and with a strong knowledge of building / managing delivery pipelines in a CI/CD environment.
You will have every opportunity to engage with our technology team and wider business to provide feedback, share inspiration and most importantly collaborate to actively improve our capability across both CV Library and Resume Library.Key responsibilities
Skills and Experience -Essential:
- Performance and reliability of the company's global online platforms.
- Availability management, latency, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Troubleshooting issues via proactive and reactive monitoring and alerts using observability tooling and logging service requests Enhancing the tech stack/configurations of existing services to improve site performance and reduce issues.
- Recording data and managing issues with a view to participation in reviews and blameless post-mortems.
- Exploring and delivering on opportunities to implement automation and scripting of services, environments and toolsets.
- Promoting transparent agile processes - gathering data and reporting progress.
- Collaborating closely with the technology teams, stakeholders and wider teams to achieve our ambitious goals, explaining complex technical details to non-technical stakeholders.
- Gaining exposure to our technical teams, working closely with software development, QA, support, IT operations.
- Be an advocate for change with innovation andgrowth at the core of what you do.
- Worked with AWS supporting a production environment
- Indepth, hands-on experience with Linux
- Strong experience with Docker
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines (preferably Jenkins)
- Strong MySQL experience
- Observability/APM Platforms (preferably New Relic)
- Knowledge of Bash scripting
- Experience of infrastructure automation tooling (e.g. Puppet)
- Working within an Agile environment using both Kanban and Scrum (preferably using Jira)
About CV Library
- Monitoring platforms(ELK, Grafana,Prometheusor similar)
- Search/Cache platforms (Elasticsearch/Solr/Redis)
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation (partners)
- Google Cloud Platform
- PHP/ Java/ Go Lang/ Perl/ Python
CV-Library is one of the leading job boards in the UK, attracting over 10 million monthly visits and boasting a CV database of over 16 million UK workers. This is why we are the job board of choice for over 10,000 customers who are looking to hire the best talent for their business. Our U.S brand Resume-Library is one of the fastest growing job boards in North America and we have ambitious plans for further global expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to grow our business by growing our CV-Library and Resume-Library website platforms.