Navtech Radar is a world-leading innovator, and multi-award-winning designer and manufacturer of commercially deployed radar solutions. Our ground-breaking technology is utilised by clients worldwide, across many industry sectors, from Perimeter Security Surveillance and Industrial Automation to Traffic Incident Detection on Smart Highways and as part of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
As part of Halma plc, a FTSE 100 company, you will be joining a group of companies whose mission is to make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier.
We are looking for a Second Line Technical Support Analyst to join the Customer Service team, and support the company through ongoing growth.
As a second Line Technical Support Analyst, you will be providing second Line Technical Support for our AdvanceGuard and ClearWay solutions. In this customer facing role you will be resolving, or managing the resolution of, a wide range of technical and application issues relating to Navtech's designed and manufactured high definition radars; and supporting the AdvanceGuard / ClearWay applications. The customers you will be supporting span the globe and use Navtechs' solutions to address a wide range of business challenges. Regardless of whether that challenge is related to security, transport or industrial automation, for all our customers #safetyiseverything.
It is a demanding and rewarding role that comes with an element of leadership responsibilities and individual accountability. As with all our hires, we are looking to employ someone who has the potential to grow alongside the company.
• Provide timely, thorough, and accurate support responses to our customers via service desk incidents or requests raised via a self-service portal, email and phone
• Classify support tickets, collect pertinent information, investigate, triage and resolve customer issues
• Maintain a sense of ownership of the issue throughout its lifecycle, even when action is being taken by other teams
• Customer focused - demonstrates high level of integrity and is able to liaise confidently with the customer and manage their expectations in a high-pressure environment.
• Aptitude for quickly learning new software tools and hardware systems and follows established best practice processes • Good organisational skills, ability to plan own work in conjunction with team members and customers • Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Attention to detail
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a customer facing role supporting complex business solutions, ideally those that involve an element of hardware
• BSc Degree or equivalent experience that required technical analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience of working within a Microsoft environment (Windows, Office, etc.)
• Experience of working with helpdesk support systems to the management of customer issues
• Excellent understanding of standard of IT skills, IP networks, network equipment operation, Windows and/or Linux operating system and typical command line diagnostic tools such as SSH, telnet and trace route
• Right to work within the UK
The successful candidate must be willing to undertake security clearance (BPSS) and participate in an on-call roster