Scalian is a global IT Engineering consultancy company which specialises in Digital Systems (systems and software engineering) and Operations Performance (Project and Quality Management). We operate in several areas of activity (Rail, Space, Aerospace, Defence and Life Science)
We are present in 7 countries worldwide: France, Belgium, Spain, Germany, UK, Canada and USA.
Our prestigious client in the defence sector is actively looking for a Bid Manager. This role is based in Crawley but the role can be performed fully remotely.
What is the role?
The purpose of this job is to undertake bid & project management activities in support of the SIX project (connectivity solutions for commercial and corporate networks) to ensure the successful delivery of assigned bids and projects.
· Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful deliver of the bid (or bids). This will typically include (but is not limited to) the following:
· Bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities.
· Manage the preparation of prequalification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to bid.
· Participate in Bid Kick-Off meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Bid Team
· Manage the creation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance, leading to the creation of a high quality proposal.
· Work effectively with Capture Leader to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the client offering
· Ensure that cost estimates / target budgets are provided with support of Systems Engineering / Product Management.
· Ensure that cost estimates are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing
· Ensure that effective Gate Business Cases are prepared for specific opportunities.
· Support the Sales/Capture Lead in any customer negotiations and presentations.
Essential Experience and Skills
· A proven track record of delivering successful bids in contexts relevant to that of our client.
· A proven track record of delivering successful projects in support of Project Management Team in contexts relevant to the client.
· Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
· Extensive client and stakeholder management
· Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities.
· Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
· The ability to operate effectively on the basis of delegated authority from a Project Management Team.
· Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
· Strong, organisational, managerial and team working skills
· Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports
· Commercial, financial and business acumen.
· The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
What can we offer you?
· A permanent employment contract (or freelance contract)
· A highly competitive salary
· Private Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· Perkbox Discount Scheme (Discounts off clothing, cinema tickets, restaurants etc.)
· Excellent opportunities for career progression and continuous professional development
· An international working environment with international mobility opportunities.
· Flexible working