Infrastructure Engineer Fintech Azure£80,000£10-£16k + bonus
Quant is urgently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer
to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known commodity trading platform. All their clients have recently moved to a SAAS platform and this role looks to push the team towards Automation and Devops.
Day to Day the Infrastructure Engineer will:
- Supporting the business in day to day operations, as well as facilitating business changes.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of infrastructure that is appropriate for the current needs as well as scalable for the future needs of the business, both on premise and in the cloud.
- Develop, maintain, continuously improve and support both internal and client-facing IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, networks and telecoms systems.
- Formulating, architecting and executing on a 5 year overall cloud migration strategy, for infrastructure as well as application services.
- Providing expert infrastructure oversight, ensuring successful delivery and performance of IT services for our clients and the fulfilment of our obligations and Service Levels Targets.
- Research and identify the most appropriate options for the delivery of infrastructure and systems.
- Design the architecture of the required infrastructure solution
- Manage the deployment, maintenance and upgrade paths of relevant systems
- Identify, deploy and maintain appropriate connectivity options
- Maintain and test Business Continuity plans and systems
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about. Infrastructure Engineer should have:
- Strong infrastructure and OS background
- Public cloud environments and services (mainly Azure)
- Desining and building hybrid environments
- VMware vSphere design, installation and management
- Designing and deploying highly available solutions
- Deploying and managing storage solutions
- Designing and managing Active Directory
- Automation using scripting and DevOps tooling
- Cisco networking equipment including reference architectures for datacentre, branch and campus
- Proven ability to collaboratively pursue issue resolution and push for long term and permanent solutions to on-going problems;
- Experience of backup systems and architecture (NetBackup), SQL Server, SharePoint
- Understanding of fundamental computer architecture, networking, virtualisation, storage and operating systems (Windows, Linux);
My client is growing rapidly as they expand the audience for their products. I am looking for someone who can grow with the team, in responsibility and/or technological prowess - and make a significant contribution to the products we are developing. In our informal technology team office, we offer a quiet, friendly environment with break-out rooms for planning and discussion.
- Opportunities to solve interesting and complex problems
- Work with some amazing technologists and learn about other parts of the business through our commitment to collaboration
- Amazing opportunities to learn through regular tech talks, training and Hackathons
- Join a company with strong market presence
- Excellent benefits and a commitment to work life balance
- Regular social events and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
The client offers a bonus to all employees as a result of performance from day 1 usually around the 20% mark.
My client is based in Central London