At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe's fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey's only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we're a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We're always looking for good people - so if you're a great person and an amazing developer we'd love to hear from you.
This position would ideally be performed from our Newcastle studio. However, if you are a great fit for the role, but can only work semi-remote/remote then we still want to hear from you as we can be flexible.ResponsibilitiesManagement
- Collaborate with other Directors and Leads to plan and schedule the work on areas owned by the Newcastle studio;
- Key technical decision maker for cross-department technical solutions & systems;
- Work with the Development Director and other Technical Directors to define and help deliver the company wide platform strategy and vision;
- Assist with hiring plans, technical interviews, performance reviews and other HR;
- Be an advocate for the Newcastle team within the wider company;
- Help unblock any technical and non-technical obstacles for the team;
- Mentor and support more junior members of the team;
- Help build and maintain relationships with hardware, middleware and educational partners.
- Help define and refine the architecture of systems being developed at our studio;
- Help technical and non-technical staff get the best quality and highest performance from our target platforms;
- Identity technical debt and potential risk and help find practical solutions;
- Evaluate 3rd party tools and middleware;
- Assist with documentation, presentations and provide other support for technology developed at the studio;
- Help define and promote coding standards and other best practice within the team and wider company.
- Strong experience in a Director, Lead or similar leadership role;
- Extensive experience of either 3D graphics, physics or animation programming;
- Experience designing and owning the architecture for core systems;
- Very good C# and C++ programming skills;
- Practical experience profiling and optimising CPU, GPU, memory and loading time;
- Experience of version control systems such as Perforce, Git or SVN.
Unity Experience, Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure, Lua/Python or similar scripting language, Track record of published games or similar software as a Lead or Director.Benefits
- Bonus Scheme, Share Option Scheme
- Life Insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan, Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Quarterly staff socials
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Flexible 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bike to Work scheme & other benefits
Lockwood Publishing provides a welcome and safe working space for all employees globally. We do not discriminate on any grounds or characteristics protected by applicable employment law - including race, religion, faith, sex, relationship status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition or disability. We will consider all qualified job- seekers and can provide appropriate accommodation to applicants with disabilities should they need it. If you believe you may require accommodation during the interview process, please do not hesitate to ask.