Cost and Manufacturing Accountant
£60-70K + benefits
Grafton Banks Finance is working with a leading listed manufacturer to recruit a Cost and Manufacturing Accountant to join their team.
This is a newly created role following the growth of the business over the last 18 months which has included opening a new manufacturing plant. The role will be an integral part of the finance team and will provide expertise around manufacturing and cost accounting for the group.
To be considered for this opportunity it is essential you are able to evidence cost accounting expertise gained in the manufacturing industry. Ideally you will be qualified, but this is not essential.
- Provide financial support to the manufacturing team for decision making, quantifying the financial impact of alternative production options, capital investment decisions and possible product rationalisation.
- Support the manufacturing team in designing and producing monthly cost reports.
- Identify meaningful cost variances / Financial KPIs and create cost reports.
- Monitor key cost variances, highlight trends, analyse causes of unexpected variances and recommend improvements accordingly.
- To manage and maintain the Company's costing system, updating costs where appropriate and allocating/absorbing fixed overheads so that the costing system provides a reliable basis for management decision making.
- Evaluating and advising the financial and cost implications of new product development.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and project work such as product profitability or capital investment appraisal
- Management of the financial element of the stock system, including stock valuation, monitoring stock usage, calculation of stock provisions and financial management of stocktakes.
- Perform the monthly cost and stock analysis and deliver reports on time and to a standard that enable effective decision making.
This role will work very closely with the SMT including the CFO and CEO and has the potential to progress into a global role for the successful applicant.
The ongoing remote working policy will be two days remote working and three office based.