This position directs engineering shift resource, attends production daily meeting, advises operations as needed for best affect in ensuring run-time of the equipment, communicates within the team (Verbal and written) on issues and recommendations and deputises for team leader, where necessary.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the engineering shift in a 'hands-on' capacity.
- Direct Engineering resource in accordance with Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) work, to ensure its completion.
- Communication, interaction and direction - direct Engineering resource (on shift) in the event of equipment failure. Work and advise counterparts within operations of recommendations in resolution of failure scenarios, verbally.
- Written communication - report on shift issues, ensuring successful information transfer to the oncoming shifts and Senior engineer, provides a brief for assessment
- Contractor Control - ensure appropriate Risk assessment, LOTO Procedures, Permit procedures are complied with.
- Health And Safety - ensure the safe working of engineering function (particularly in areas of isolation and safe entry) and provide 'safety walk' information to Engineering Team Leader, using existing 'in house' documentation, where deputising for the Engineering Team Leader.
- Ensure that PPM schedules and works orders are completed within agreed time frames, ensuring breakdowns are closed out (where necessary), with PPM pro-forma advising on parts required.
- Continuous Improvement (CI) - advises on CI Initiatives, giving payback details or improvement justifications (ie improvement X will increase line speed by X%, or illuminate this repeat failure).
- Communication and Control - effective handover to oncoming engineering shift.
- Attend line-side meetings giving accurate account of equipment and engineering status report of plant.
- On completion of maintenance work, ensure that equipment is serviceable and runs as expected, in readiness for production.
- Deputise for Engineering Team Leader as necessary, including attendance at engineering meetings.
- Experienced in food, or consumer products industry supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills and continuous development.
- A solid grounding in food handling safe practices and ability to carry out confined-space entry work.
- An awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH.
- Must be a good team player
- Must be able to work with own initiative and highlight continuous Improvement opportunities
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spreadsheets)
- Must be able to troubleshoot and fault-find within the production facility
- Good written and verbal communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with both suppliers and internal customers
- Must be able to accurately interpret schematic diagrams
- Logical thinker and problem solver
- Must possess the energy and drive to 'get things done'
- Have an organised methodology
- Can plan to a specified time scale.